Canada Best North America Countries to Visit
Canada is a country in North America spanning from the Atlantic to the Pacific oceans. With a population of over 37 million, Canada is the world’s second largest country by total area and its people are made up of a diverse mix of cultures and languages. Canada is home to vibrant cities, breathtaking natural scenery, and a rich history.
Canada Best North America Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Canada
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Ottawa
- Language: English
- Currency: The Canadian dollar
- Nationality: Canadian
The best cities that you must visit in Canada are:
- Toronto, Ontario
- Vancouver, British Columbia
- Montreal, Quebec
- Victoria, British Columbia
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Calgary, Alberta
- Edmonton, Alberta
- Quebec City, Quebec
- Banff, Alberta
- Halifax, Nova Scotia
The best destinations you must visit in Canada are:
- Niagara Falls, Ontario
- Stanley Park, British Colombia
- Old Quebec City, Quebec
- Banff National Park, Alberta
- Cavendish Beach, Prince Edward Island
- The Rockies, Alberta and British Columbia
- Ottawa, Ontario
- Jasper National Park, Alberta
- Vancouver Island, British Colombia
- Gros Morne National Park, Newfoundland and Labrador
The best attractions in Canada you must visit are:
- Niagra Falls
- Banff National Park
- CN Tower
- Old Quebec
- Jasper National Park
- Butchart Gardens
- Lake Louise
- Pacific Rim National Park
- Hockey Hall of Fame
- Vancouver Island
A brief description of Canada
Canada is a North American country stretching from the Pacific Coast in the west to the Atlantic in the east. It is the world’s second-largest country by total area and shares land borders with the United States to the south, and the Arctic Ocean to the north. It has ten provinces and three territories that have their own governments with powers delegated by the federal government.
Canada is known for its vast, untouched landscape, vibrant cities, and friendly, multicultural society. Canada is also home to the world’s longest coastline, hosting many different industries and providing the country with an abundance of natural resources.
What are the Things to do in Canada?
There are many things to do in Canada as listed below:
- Explore the Rocky Mountains: Canada is home to some of the world’s most stunning mountains, from the Canadian Rockies to the Coastal Mountains of British Columbia. Touring the Rocky Mountains by car or on foot is sure to be an unforgettable experience. You can expect to find pristine snow-capped peaks, vast meadows, and glacial lakes. Mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, and hiking are all popular activities available in the region.
- View Niagara Falls: Niagara Falls is the collective name for three incredible waterfalls on the border between Canada and the United States. This natural marvel is a must-see destination while in Canada. Explore the journey along the Niagara River, view the rushing waters, and feel the mist in the air. You can even take the Maid of the Mist boat closer up for an incredible experience.
- Visit Old Quebec City: Old Quebec City is a World Heritage Site, located in the province of Quebec. It is renowned for its old world charm and its picturesque streets and architecture. Visit Notre-Dame de Quebec for a religious experience or admire the architecture of the Grand Allee and Place d’Armes. Don’t forget to have a look around the Quebec Parliament Building, the historic Chateau Frontenac hotel, and the iconic Citadel.
- Tour Toronto: Toronto is the largest city in Canada and is a popular destination for tourists. Whether you’re interested in art, culture, food, or shopping, there is something in Toronto for everyone. Take a walk around the Distillery District, which is packed with galleries, restaurants and boutiques. Climb the CN Tower or take a tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame. Pacific Spirit Park and the Toronto Zoo are great places to explore nature and the outdoors.
- Explore Banff National Park: Canada’s first National Park, Banff National Park, is a stunning natural wonder. Here, you will find jaw-dropping mountains, glaciers, turbulent rivers, serene lakes, and more. Hiking and mountaineering are popular activities, and the park is especially known for its abundance of wildlife, including elk, bighorn sheep, and grizzly bears. Popular attractions in the park include Lake Louise, Moraine Lake and Johnston Canyon.
What are the Best Foods at Canada?
Some of the best foods to eat in Canada include:
- Poutine – A classic Canadian dish made with french fries, brown gravy and cheese curds.
- Maple syrup – Pure Canadian maple syrup is the iconic Canadian treat.
- Butter tarts – Delicious pastry creations filled with butter, sugar, syrup and usually raisins.
- BeaverTails – Fried dough pastry shapes covered in delicious toppings.
- Montreal bagels – Thin, chewy Montreal-style bagels are a favorite breakfast item.
- Smoked salmon – Wild Pacific salmon is one of Canada’s most beloved seafoods.
- Nanaimo bar – A classic Canadian dessert bar with a chocolate, coconut and graham cracker crust.
- Bannock – Fried bannock is a traditional First Nations dish.
- Doughnuts – Delicious, fluffy and covered in warm cinnamon and sugar.
- Caesar – The official cocktail of Canada is a mix of vodka, clamato juice and Worcestershire sauce.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Canada?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Canada. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Fairmont Pacific Rim – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Fairmont Le Château Frontenac – Quebec City, Quebec
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel – Victoria, British Columbia
- The Wickaninnish Inn – Tofino, British Columbia
- The Westin Bayshore – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Château Laurier – Ottawa, Ontario
- Fairmont Waterfront – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Delta Hotels by Marriott, Sheraton – Vancouver, British Columbia
- Auberge Saint-Antoine – Quebec, Quebec
- Le Germain Hotel Calgary – Calgary, Alberta
Best Attractions in Canada
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Canada.
No posts found!