Langtang National Park Nepal Central Himalayas
Langtang National Park is the 4th largest national park in Nepal, covering an area of 1710 sq. km. The park is located in the central Himalayas and offers breathtaking scenery, diverse flora and fauna, and rare species of birds, animals, and plants. It provides an ideal destination for trekking and mountaineering, with its crystal-clear lakes and glaciers, and snowcapped mountains.
Langtang National Park Nepal Central Himalayas Summary
- Attraction Name: Langtang National Park
- Country: Nepal
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Kathmandu
- Language: Nepali
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee
- Nationality: Nepali
Langtang National Park Nepal is an incredibly stunning and vital national park located in the stunning Himalayan mountain range. This park is a must-visit destination not only for avid hikers, wilderness enthusiasts, and explorers, but also for those who wish to appreciate its magical scenery and incredible wildlife.
The park is also home to hundreds of rare species, such as snow leopards, musk deer, Himalayan black bear, and red pandas. And, due to its high number of endangered species, Langtang National Park Nepal has been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979. Additionally, many of the glacial lakes, hot springs, and religious sites in this park make it a popular pilgrimage destination for Hindus and Buddhists from around the world.
Tell us about Langtang National Park Nepal
Langtang National Park is the first Himalayan national park in Nepal, established in 1976. This park is located in the heart of the Greater Himalayas; the park lies in Rasuwa and Nuwakot districts north of Kathmandu. Covering an area of 1,710 square kilometers (660 sq. miles), Langtang is the fourth largest national park in Nepal. The area combines high alpine peaks, glaciers, beautiful forests and incredible biodiversity.
The park borders Tibet to the north and is home to many rare species of animals, such as the snow leopard, red panda, musk deer, Himalayan black bear and rhesus monkey. This park is also home to numerous shrines, temples, and monasteries, providing the perfect combination of spiritual and natural beauty. Most of the trekking routes in the park traverse through wide and varied terrain, ranging from dense temperate forests to moraine landscapes and alpine grasslands. The highest point in the Langtang National Park is Lirung (7,244m).
What are the things to do in Langtang National Park Nepal?
Langtang National Park is one of the most popular national parks in Nepal and offers a wealth of activities for visitors. Here are some of the many things to do in Langtang National Park Nepal:
- Trekking: Langtang National Park has some of the best trekking routes in Nepal. Trekking through the pristine hills and rugged terrain of the park provides an incredible experience. You can explore the mountain villages in the region, get an up-close look of animals and birds in their natural habitat, and enjoy the unique landscapes of the area.
- Sightseeing: Langtang National Park offers some of the most scenic views in Nepal. From the stunning valley that stretches out below Kyangin Ri to the snow-capped peaks of Langtang Lirung, every inch of the park is filled with breathtaking views. Spend time exploring the vibrant villages, cascading waterfalls and alpine meadows, and admire the natural beauty all around.
- Mountain Biking: For adventure lovers, mountain biking through Langtang National Park offers a true adrenaline rush. You can explore the terrain on single tracks that wind through the forests, challenge yourself on technical climbs and descents, and experience the breathtaking landscapes that make the area so special.
- Rock Climbing: Experienced climbers will find plenty of opportunities for challenging rock climbing in the area. From easy day climbs to multi-pitch climbs over granite walls, the Langtang National Park offers plenty of routes that are sure to test your limits.
- Accommodation: There are a variety of guesthouses and lodges in the area making it easy to find comfortable accommodation. The guesthouses often serve traditional Nepali cuisines and provide good facilities to ensure you have a comfortable stay.
No matter what your interests are, there is something for everyone to enjoy in Langtang National Park. With such a huge variety of activities to explore, the park is sure to keep you busy and entertained during your visit.
What are the best foods at Langtang National Park Nepal?
The best foods at Langtang National Park Nepal are:
- Dhindo: A grain-based dish cooked with vegetables.
- Thukpa: A noodle soup with vegetables, meat and spices.
- Momos: Steamed or fried dumplings filled with vegetables or meat.
- Gundruk: Fermented and spiced leafy vegetables.
- Sel Roti: A sweet bread made from rice flour.
- Dhau Chiura: A snack made of flattened rice, yogurt and honey.
- Yomari: A sweet dumpling made of rice flour.
- Tilchin: A mix of sesame, sugar and flours.
- Aloo Chatamari: Crepes made of rice flour, onions and spices.
- Sekuwa: Barbequed meat marinated in spices.
What are the best hotels to stay in Langtang National Park Nepal?
The best hotels to stay in Langtang National Park Nepal are:
- Langtang View Hotel & Residence
- Langtang Guest House
- Langtang National Park Homestay
- Tarayali Country Resort
- Langtang Valley Inn
- Himalaya View Lodge
- Kyanjin Gompa Hotel
- Eden Christian Camp
- Parwa Guest House
What is your next tourist destination after visiting Langtang National Park Nepal?
The next best attractions in Nepal you must visit are:
- Mount Everest
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- The Chitwan National Park
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Rara Lake
- Mount Manaslu
- Boudhanath Stupa
- Pokhara Valley
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!