Mount Manaslu Nepal Most Dangerous Climb
Mount Manaslu is an 8,163-meter (26,781-foot) mountain located in the Mansiri Himal, part of the Nepalese Himalayas. It is the eighth-highest mountain in the world and is located about 64 kilometers (40 mi) east of Annapurna. It is also known as ‘The Japanese Mountain’ due to the large number of Japanese climbers who attempted its summit in the 1950s and early 1960s. Mount Manaslu is technically challenging, and has been labeled as a difficult, potentially dangerous climb. Despite the dangers, climbing this mountain is becoming a popular alternative to Annapurna and Everest.
Mount Manaslu Nepal Most Dangerous Climb Summary
- Attraction Name: Mount Manaslu
- Country: Nepal
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Kathmandu
- Language: Nepali
- Currency: Nepalese Rupee
- Nationality: Nepali
Mount Manaslu Nepal is an excellent destination for trekkers and climbers alike. It offers stunning views of the Himalayas and is considered a challenging but rewarding climb. It is rich in Nepalese culture and set in one of the most beautiful parts of the country. Trekkers can explore the area’s spectacular glacial lakes, villages, and waterfalls, as well as take part in activities like heli-trekking, and mountaineering.
Climbers also have to opportunity to experience the beauty of the 8,163 meters peak, Manaslu. The area is known to be very peaceful and is still relatively untouched, making it an ideal spot for sightseeing or to just relax and enjoy the tranquillity of the mountain air.
Tell us about Mount Manaslu Nepal
Mount Manaslu is the eighth highest mountain in the world, located in the Gorkha District of Nepal and is part of the Himalayan mountain range. It has a peak elevation of 8,163 metres (26,781 feet). The mountain was first summited in 1956, and since then, it has become very popular for mountaineers and trekkers alike. The Manaslu Circuit, a long distance trek in the area, is an incredibly popular hike and takes about two weeks to complete. The area is known for its stunning views of the surrounding landscapes and its spectacular landscapes.
What are the things to do in Mount Manaslu Nepal?
Mount Manaslu is a stunning peak situated in the Gorkha District of Nepal. It is the eighth highest mountain in the world, standing at an elevation of 8156m and it offers some of the most beautiful and thrilling experiences in Nepal. Here are some of the things you can do in and around Mount Manaslu:
- Trekking: Trekking in and around Mount Manaslu Nepal is one of the most popular and challenging experiences in the region. The trek will take you to incredible heights with stunning snow-capped views. The most popular Mount Manaslu trail takes around 10–20 days to complete and takes you through some stunning villages and picturesque landscapes.
- Camping: Camping in and around Mount Manaslu is a popular activity for adventurous travelers. You can camp at the various villages located on the trekking route or even at the higher camps close to the summit.
- Hiking: If you’re looking for lighter activities, you can explore some of the surrounding areas on foot! There are many day hikes in the area that you can do or you can even find a few small multi-day hikes.
- White water rafting: white water rafting is another exciting activity that you can do near Mount Manaslu. You can find some excellent white-water Rivers in the area and the rapids offer a great mix of thrill and adventure.
- Paragliding: Paragliding is one of the most popular air sports in the Himalayas and Mount Manaslu is no exception. There are many great launch sites in the area that offer some of the most breathtaking views of the Himalayas.
- Mountain biking: Mountain biking is another great activity you can do. You can explore some of the more remote and untouched areas of the region without having to worry about the terrain which makes the activity even more interesting.
- Wildlife viewing: Mount Manaslu is a great place for wildlife viewing. Due to its high elevation, the area has some of the most exotic species of animals such as snow leopards, red pandas, bears and wild yaks.
What are the best foods at Mount Manaslu Nepal?
The best foods at Mount Manaslu Nepal are:
- Dal Bhat: This traditional Nepali dish is made with lentils (dal), boiled rice (bhat) and vegetable curry (tarkari).
- Momo: Nepalese-style steamed dumplings usually filled with minced meat and vegetables.
- Sel Roti: Sweet, ring-shaped rice flour bread, typically served with yogurt or meat curries.
- Thukpa: A hearty noodle soup made with vegetables, eggs and/or meat.
- Yak cheese: Yak cheese is a hard cheese made from yak’s milk. It is both salty and slightly sweet at the same time and has a unique taste.
- Yak-butter tea: A traditional Nepali beverage made from tea leaves and yak butter. This tea is typically served hot and is usually consumed with a meal.
- Gurung rice pudding: A rice pudding typically made with local rice and made with jaggery, coconut milk and spices.
- Sel roti bale: A ring-shaped doughnut-like snack made with rice flour, sugar, cardamom and ghee.
- Chatamari: A popular Nepali flatbread with fillings such as potatoes, egg, mincemeat and spices.
- Cucumber pickle: A popular Nepali pickle made with cucumber, spices and oil.
What are the best hotels to stay in Mount Manaslu Nepal?
The best hotels to stay in Mount Manaslu Nepal are:
- Purple Macro Boutique Hotel
- Larke Himalaya Resort
- The Himalaya Samai Boutique Hotel
- The Manaslu hotel & Spa
- Hotel Coconut Root
- Mountain View Himalayan Resort
- Shimnal Himalaya Resort
- Milarepa Resort
- View Cottage Мanaslu Trek
- Dhotel Grandeur Manang
What is the next tourist destination after Mount Manaslu Nepal?
The next best attractions in Nepal you must visit are:
- Mount Everest
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square
- The Chitwan National Park
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Rara Lake
- Boudhanath Stupa
- Pokhara Valley
- Langtang National Park
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!