National Mall Washington D.C USA
National Mall Washington D.C USA Summary
- Attraction Name: National Mall Washington D.C
- Country: United States of America (USA)
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Washington, D.C.
- Language: English
- Currency: United States dollar
- Nationality: U.S. citizen
The National Mall in Washington D.C. is a must-visit destination for tourists and locals alike. Whether you’re looking to explore the incredible monuments and memorials, take in the beauty of the National Mall’s open green space, or learn more about the history of the United States, there is something here for everyone. With the many museums, memorials, and monuments in the area, the National Mall is a great place to start to get an overview of the nation’s history and culture. There is something for all ages and interests, making it a must-visit for all in Washington D.C.
Tell Us About National Mall Washington D.C USA
The National Mall is a large public park in Washington D.C., located directly in front of the White House. It spans 2 miles in length and is home to many of the city’s important monuments and memorials, including the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. It is visited by millions of people each year, both locals and tourists alike, who come to pay tribute to the numerous memorials and monuments or to explore its expansive green spaces.
The National Mall Washington D.C. is also home to several museums, including the National Air & Space Museum and the National Museum of Natural History, as well as a variety of annual events, such as the National Cherry Blossom Festival, Fourth of July fireworks, and the National Book Festival.
What are the Things to do in National Mall Washington D.C USA?
The National Mall in Washington D.C. is a beautiful, historic location full of interesting activities and sites. Here are 8 of the must things to do when visiting the National Mall:
- Visit the memorials: The National Mall is the most popular site for monuments and memorials, such as the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, and the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial. All three offer breathtaking views and inspiring moments.
- Take a stroll around the Tidal Basin: The Tidal Basin is a great way to take in the beauty of the area. Take a free walk along the waterfront at the basin and soak in the views of the Jefferson and Washington Memorials.
- Get a bird’s eye view of DC from the Washington Monument: The observatory at the top of the Washington Monument provides an incredible view of the DC skyline.
- Enjoy a picnic: There are plenty of parks and monuments throughout The National Mall where you can find a patch of grass for a picnic. It’s an ideal way to enjoy a romantic meal or take a family out for a day of fun.
- Head to the Smithsonian Museums: The National Mall Washington D.C. is home to most of the Smithsonian Museums, including the Air and Space Museum, the National Gallery of Art, and several more. Not only are the exhibits interesting and educational, but admission is free.
- Catch a glimpse of the White House: Located at the far end of the mall, the White House is one of the top tourist attractions in the area. Be sure to take a picture with the fence and take note of Secret Service agents around the perimeter.
- Hop on a tour bus: If you’re short on time, an open-air bus tour is a great way to get an overview of the area and an introduction to all the monuments.
- Cross the Memorial Bridge: The Memorial Bridge offers great views of Thompson Island, the Lincoln Memorial and the Potomac River. Take a leisurely walk across the bridge and enjoy the scenery.
These are just a few of the many things to do at the National Mall in Washington D.C. No matter what your interests are, there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
What are the Best Foods at National Mall Washington D.C USA?
The National Mall in Washington D.C. offers a variety of local restaurants, food carts, and snack stands, giving you plenty to choose from when it comes to fueling up before or after your museum visits.
If you’re in the mood for something classic, Danny Meyer’s Shake Shack in the Court of the National Mall is perfect for all-American burgers, hot dogs, shakes, and sides. Right across the street, you’ll find GCDC Grilled Cheese Bar, a hip spot serving all kinds of gourmet takes on the OG comfort food. If you’re still feeling peckish after, grab an ice cream at Dippin’ Dots, located either near the Shake Shack or in the history museum.
For a more international flavor, head to Amorini Panini, a fast-casual Italian eatery not far from the Smithsonian Castle. They offer a variety of delicious Italian specialties like pizzas, pastas, sandwiches, and salads. Washington also has a strong Ethiopian presence, and the National Mall Washington D.C. is home to several restaurants like Ethiopic and Dukem, where you’ll find traditional staples like injera, wat, and tibs.
If you’re on the go, DC-based food cart DC Empanadas serves up Chilean-style empanadas filled with franks, veggies, and cheese. Alternatively, find yourself a hot dog stand or food truck specializing in flavors from all over the world, like Arepa Zone, El Verano Taqueria, and Takorean. Good luck and eat up!
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in National Mall Washington D.C USA?
Some of the best hotels to stay in National Mall Washington D.C USA include:
- The Hay-Adams
- The Jefferson
- The Watergate Hotel
- The Mandarin Oriental
- The Willard InterContinental
- Kimpton George Hotel
- Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
- Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
- The Embassy Row Hotel
- Conrad Washington DC
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!