Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe Mount Inyangani
Nyanga National Park is located in the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe, and is home to the highest peak in Zimbabwe, Mount Inyangani. It is home to a variety of wildlife, including baboons, leopards, and elephants, as well as rare birds such as the Black Throated Wattle-eye and Red Billed Firefinch. The park offers stunning views and plenty of opportunities for walking, camping, and game viewing.
Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe Mount Inyangani Summary
- Attraction Name: Nyanga National Park
- Country: Zimbabwe
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Harare
- Language: Shona, Ndebele, English
- Currency: United States Dollar
- Nationality: Zimbabwean
Nyanga National Park in Zimbabwe is one of the most beautiful and diverse parks in Africa and is home to an abundance of wildlife, including elephant, leopard, buffalo, wildebeest, zebra, and an array of bird species. It is also home to the renowned Nyanga Mountains, which feature some of the best hiking and camping in the country.
Other activities include camping, game drives, and horseback riding. Visitors can also enjoy breathtaking views of the Eastern Highlands and the Nyanga River from the nearby Lion’s Kop Lookout. With a wide range of activities, from game drives and horseback riding to hiking and camping, Nyanga National Park is a must-visit destination in Zimbabwe.
Mount Inyangani is Zimbabwe’s highest peak, standing at 8,503 feet. It is sacred to the local people and is considered a very spiritual site. The views from atop the mountain are spectacular, with rolling hills and an expanse of valleys that are part of the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe.
The forests surrounding the mountain are among the last remaining pristine remnants of this type of environment and are home to a variety of plant and animal species, some of which are endangered. Visiting the mountain is an amazing experience and a great way to explore nature and appreciate the rich cultural heritage of Zimbabwe.
Tell us about Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe
Nyanga National Park is a national park located in the eastern highlands of Zimbabwe, covering an area of 64,576 hectares. It is a spectacular high-altitude park, with rolling hills set against the backdrop of Mount Nyangani, the highest mountain in Zimbabwe at 2,592 meters. It is an area of extraordinary beauty, home to a wealth of plant and animal life, and is one of the few remaining areas of Afro-mountain wilderness in Africa.
The Park offers different habitats, such as thick forests, grassy slopes, and wetlands, providing habitats for leopard, elephant, zebra, lion, buffalo and wildebeest. Nyanga also has one of the largest populations of Cape Vultures in Zimbabwe and is also a major bird-watching destination in the country. There is a wide range of activities available in the park, such as game viewing, bird watching, mountain biking, hiking trails and camping. The majestic Nyanga plateau, with its breathtaking views, is one of the main attractions the park offers.
What are the things to do in Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe?
Nyanga National Park is located in the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe and is known for its diversity of wildlife, pristine mountain valleys, and beautiful mountain rivers. Here are some of the best things to do when visiting Nyanga National Park:
- Enjoy wildlife viewing and birdwatching: Nyanga National Park is home to a variety of wildlife, such as zebra, cheetah, lion, antelope, giraffe, buffalo, hippos, and elephants. The park also offers some excellent birdwatching opportunities.
- Explore the scenic landscape: With its breathtaking mountain scenery and rugged terrain, Nyanga National Park is a great place to go for a hike or a drive. From the top of Nyanga Mountain, experience the breathtaking beauty of the Zabwe Rift Valley.
- Visit the Jamangaki Waterfall: This majestic 300-foot waterfall is located in a rocky, narrow gorge and is a great place for swimming and picnicking.
- Go fishing: Nyanga National Park is home to some of the best trout fishing in the region, with several cropping pools located in the vicinity of the park.
- Visit historical sites: During your visit, explore the remains of the nearby Iron Age Nyanga Hill Fort, the “House of the Ancient Egyptians,” and a 19th-century settlement.
- Shop at the local markets and take part in cultural events: Browse through the souvenirs and handicrafts at the markets and enjoy traditional music and dance performances.
- Take a riverboat cruise: Nyanga’s sparkling rivers are perfect for a leisurely boat ride. So hop on and take in the gorgeous scenery from the water.
- Enjoy a hot air balloon ride: Get a bird’s eye view of the incredible landscape in Nyanga National Park by taking a hot air balloon ride.
From wildlife viewing to cultural experiences and everything in between, Nyanga National Park offers plenty of activities and attractions to explore. So plan a trip to Zimbabwe’s Eastern Highlands and take in the beauty of Nyanga National Park.
What are the best foods at Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe?
Some of the best dishes at Nyanga National Park are:
- Mhakuva Stew – a rich and flavorful stew made with chunks of beef, tomatoes, onions, garlic, and herbs.
- Nyama Choma – traditional grilled meat, usually chicken or goat.
- Sadza – a maize porridge served with vegetables, meat, or fish.
- Chakalaka – a spicy vegetable relish, usually served with Pap, another maize dish.
- Roasted Vegetables – usually served with grilled meats.
- Street Food – Nyanga National Park is known for street vendors selling various snacks, ranging from fried foods to homemade ice cream.
What are the best hotels to stay in Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe?
The best hotels to stay in Nyanga National Park are:
- Nyanga National Park Safari Lodge
- East Clinic Safari Accommodation
- River Lodge
- Vumba20 Accommodation
- The Riverman Nyanga
- View Lodge
- Rakaira Lodge
- Kambako Lodge
- Kurisa Moya Nature Lodge
- Mountainside Cabins
What is the next tourist destination after you visit Nyanga National Park Zimbabwe Mount Inyangani?
The next best attractions in Zimbabwe you must visit are:
- Victoria Falls
- Great Zimbabwe National Monument
- Lake Kariba
- Mana Pools National Park
- Hwange National Park
- Matobo National Park
- Chimanimani National Park
- Zambezi River
- Chimanimani Mountains
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!