River Rhine Cruise Germany
Experience River Rhine Cruise like no other. Explore ancient castles, riverside towns, quintessential vineyards, and take in the amazing landscapes. From Cologne to Koblenz and Rudesheim, you’ll be sure to have a wonderful time. The tour includes visits to stunning landmarks, delicious food and wine, and plenty of time to relax while sailing the Rhine. Enjoy the unique history and incredible beauty of Germany on a River Rhine Cruise!
River Rhine Cruise Germany Summary
- Attraction: River Rhine Cruise
- Country: Germany
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: Berlin
- Language: German (official), English
- Currency: Euro
- Nationality: Germans (German: Deutsche)
Visiting River Rhine Cruise Germany is a great way to experience one of the most romantic and picturesque places in Europe. There are breathtaking views of castles, vineyards, historic towns, and rolling hills as you cruise up the river. In addition, you will get to experience local cultures and regional foods. You will also get to explore riverside panoramas from various points of interest such as the Lorelei Rock, Drachenfels, and many more. River Rhine Cruise Germany provides a great way to enjoy an amazing journey.
Tell Us About River Rhine Cruise Germany
River Rhine cruise in Germany is an amazing way to explore the magnificent German cities, monuments, and culture. A cruise on the Rhine is the best way to get up close and personal with the Rhine’s spectacular sights, including beautiful natural wonders, classic castles, iconic wine villages, fairytale palaces, and remarkable churches.
The Rhine passes through cities, such as Cologne and Koblenz, and traditional towns, such as Bacharach and Strasbourg. On a cruise, travelers will have the opportunity to explore vineyards and visit magnificent palaces and fortresses. When passengers are ready to relax, they can join in on a local beer-tasting class, explore gorgeous landscapes, or join in on an elaborate dinner party. With so much to see and do, a Rhine River cruise is the perfect way to explore Germany’s enchanting cities, towns, and countryside.
What Things to do in River Rhine Cruise Germany?
Things to do in River Rhine Cruise Germany are:
- Visit the Loreley Rock: The Loreley Rock is a dramatic rock formation on the banks of the River Rhine, famously known for its role in German folklore. It is one of the most stunning sites along the River Rhine and, when cruising past, offers a great view of the surrounding cliffs, castles and vineyards.
- Explore the Marksburg Castle: This Medieval castle is one of the best preserved in Germany, sitting high and mighty on a hilltop along the banks of the River Rhine. The castle was built to protect the river and can only be accessed by a steep winding staircase.
- Visit Rhine Gorge: This Gorge is part of the Upper Middle Rhine Valley and is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This 13-mile stretch of river passes through dramatic gorges covered with steep vineyards, making it one of the most stunning natural sites in Germany.
- Local Wineries & Vineyards: The Rhine is full of vineyards and local wineries, which make for great excursions during a River Rhine cruise. From tasting local wines to exploring the vineyards, there is plenty to do and explore around these destinations.
- Sample Local Food & Cuisine: The region of the Rhine is home to traditional German cuisine, which can be sampled during your cruise. As you sail through the different towns in Germany, you will have plenty of opportunity to experience the local food and enjoy the local flavors.
- Shopping: Many of the towns you will pass through on your cruise are home to local markets and shops, where you can pick up souvenirs and local products. There are also plenty of opportunities to barter prices with the shop-owners, making it an even better experience.
What are Best Foods at River Rhine Cruise Germany?
The best foods in River Rhine Cruise Germany are:
- Spätzle: A popular and hearty noodle dish made from wheat flour, eggs, salt and water, usually served with cheese and fried onions.
- Bratwurst: A deeply flavorful sausage, mildly spiced and traditionally served with sauerkraut or sautéed onions and mashed potatoes.
- Knödel: Potato or bread dumplings filled with anything from meat to fruit and served with sauces.
- Germanswein: The world-famous German white wine often served on cruises and extremely popular in the Rhine region.
- Flammkuchen: A crispy, thin-crust pizza-like dish topped with creme fraiche, bacon and onions.
- Hamburgers: You can’t get away from fast food in Germany. Enjoy a juicy German-style burger with sauerkraut and mustard.
- Schnitzel: Thin slices of pork or veal breaded and fried until golden brown and served with lingonberry jam sauce.
- Himmel un Ääd: A traditional dish made of mashed potatoes, apples and onions, usually served with some bacon and smoked sausage.
- Indian Curry: German restaurants often serve curries, usually with potatoes and chili peppers.
- Local Fish and Seafood: Depending on the season, catch the local catch and enjoy the freshest of seafood.
What are Best Hotels to Stay in River Rhine Cruise Germany?
Some of the best hotels to stay in River Rhine Cruise Germany are:
- Rheinterrassen Hotel
- Mercure Hotel Koblenz
- Rome Hotel Rheinpanorama
- Holiday Inn Koblenz
- Europa Hotel
- Rheinhotel Dreesen
- Hampton by Hilton Boppard
- Hotel Rhein Jacoby
- Hotel Moselstern
- Hotel Rheinlust
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We have more and more exciting places to visit in Germany. Scroll down and click the destination buttons for more information.