Sharm el-Sheikh Egypt Resort Town Sinai Peninsula
Sharm el-Sheikh is a premier resort town in Egypt located on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula. It offers stunning beaches, a variety of outdoor activities, and a vibrant nightlife scene. It’s also a popular place for diving, snorkeling, and other water sports. Whether you’re looking for adventure or relaxation, Sharm el-Sheikh has something for everyone.
Sharm el-Sheikh Egypt Resort Town Sinai Peninsula Summary
- Attraction Name: Sharm el-Sheikh
- Country: Egypt
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Cairo
- Language: Arabic
- Currency: Egyptian Pound
- Nationality: Egyptian
Sharm el-Sheikh is a beautiful, desert oasis on the Red Sea in Egypt. It’s known for its spectacular coral reefs, perfect for scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing, and other water activities. On land, visitors can take camel and jeep safaris, enjoy a spa day at one of the luxurious resorts, explore ancient temples, and tour the Mosaic Salt Marketplace. With its temperate climate, lush palm trees, and many other attractions, this place is a great destination for those seeking a unique cultural and outdoor experience.
Tell us about Sharm el-Sheikh Egypt
Sharm el-Sheikh is a magnificent resort town located in the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt. Known for its idyllic beaches, turquoise seas and prime scuba diving sites, this coastal town provides a unique fusion of Bedouin culture and modern luxuries. This resort is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world and offers a variety of aquatic activities.
The area boasts over 300 diving centers, several golf courses, and a great selection of gastronomic experiences. Major attractions include the diverse wildlife of Ras Mohammed National Park and the ancient tombs and monasteries of St. Catherine’s Monastery. Sharm el-Sheikh is the perfect holiday destination for water sports enthusiasts, beach bunnies and culture seekers alike.
What are the things to do in Sharm el-Sheikh Egypt?
Sharm el-Sheikh is a city located in the southeast corner of the Sinai peninsula in Egypt known for its crystal clear waters, lush coral reefs, and palm-studded beaches. A renowned tourist and diving destination, it has become the capital of international vacations in The Red Sea.
- SCUBA DIVING AND SNORKELING: Sharm el-Sheikh offers an excellent variety of sites for scuba diving and snorkeling. Whether you snorkel right off the beach or book a dive with a tour operator, you are sure to be astounded by the vibrantly colored fish and coral.
- VISIT THE CITY MARKETS: Visiting the markets of Sharm el-Sheikh is an amazing experience. These markets offer souvenirs, spices, jewelry, and traditional items. Shopping here can be a great way to learn more about the culture of the locals and explore the old city.
- GO ON A DESERT SAFARI: A desert safari is a must-do experience when in Sharm el-Sheikh. Take a 4×4 jeep into the desert and go sandboarding, take a camel ride, and experience a Bedouin style dinner under the stars.
- TAKE A BOAT TOUR: Charter a boat and explore the calm waters of the Red Sea. Jump off your boat and snorkel around a shipwreck, discover an underwater shrine, or watch the dolphins playing in the distance.
- VISIT THE BEACH: What would a visit to Sharm el-Sheikh be without some time at the beach? Relax in the sun, go for a swim, take a yoga class on the beach and so much more. With endless miles of coastline, you are sure to find the perfect spot.
- TAKE A DAY TRIP TO ST. CATHERINE’S MONASTERY: St Catherine’s Monastery is a world heritage site located near Sharm el-Sheikh. This monastery, filled with history and culture, is one of the oldest and most famous ones in the world.
- VISIT THE NATIONAL PARKS: Spend the day exploring the national parks of the Sinai Peninsula. Whether you visit Dahab’s canyon or Ras Mohamed National Park, you are sure to be amazed by the wonders of this desert landscape.
- GO ON AN ATV ADVENTURE: If you are looking for an adrenaline rush, go on an ATV trip deep into the desert. Experience the rush of a 4-wheeler trip and don’t forget to stop in one of the Bedouin villages and see how the locals live.
These are just some of the activities that you can enjoy when visiting the beautiful city of Sharm el-Sheikh. With its stunning beaches, world class diving and pristine national parks, Sharm el-Sheikh has something for everyone. So don’t forget to add it to your list of must-visit places in the Middle East!
What are the best foods at Sharm el-Sheikh Egypt?
Some of the best foods to try at Sharm el-Sheikh are kushari (a dish made from lentils, rice and macaroni), spicy seafood such as calamari, grilled fish and shrimp, shawarma (a kebab-like wrap of lamb, beef or chicken), stuffed pigeon, and Egyptian fuul (a stew of onions and fava beans). Other local specialties include bamya (okra stew with beef or lamb) and falafel (spiced chickpea patties). For dessert, try the sweet, sticky Umm Ali, made from puff pastry, nuts, milk and crushed coconut.
What are the best hotels to stay in Sharm el-Sheikh Egypt?
The best hotels to stay in Sharm el-Sheikh are:
- Four Seasons Resort
- Conrad Sharm El Sheikh Resort
- The Reef Oasis Blue Bay Resort
- The Savoy
- Savita Resort and Spa
- Delta Sharm Resort & Spa
- Jolie Ville Resort and Casino
- Coral Sea Holiday Village & Aqua Park Resort
What is the next tourist destination?
The best attractions in Egypt you must visit are:
- The Valley of the Kings Luxor
- The Pyramids of Giza
- St. Catherine Monastery, Sinai Desert
- Karnak Temple, Luxor
- Abu Simbel Temples, Aswan
- Egyptian Museum, Cairo
- The Red Sea Beaches
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!