Singapore Flyer World's Largest Observation Wheels
Singapore Flyer World's Largest Observation Wheels Summary
- Attraction Name: Singapore Flyer
- Country: Singapore
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Singapore
- Language: Malay, English, Tamil, Mandarin
- Currency: Singapore Dollar
- Nationality: Singaporean
Singapore Flyer is a great way to get a breathtaking view of the city of Singapore and its surroundings. The attraction is 541 feet tall, making it the tallest Ferris wheel in the world, and the views from the capsules are truly spectacular. It’s one of the best views of Downtown Singapore, the Marina Bay waterfront, and the skyline of the city. It’s also a fantastic attraction for tourists as they can also learn more about Singapore’s history and culture as they take in the panoramic views.
Tell us about Singapore Flyer
The Singapore Flyer is a giant Ferris wheel in Singapore. It is one of the world’s largest observation wheels, measuring at 165m (541ft) from the ground at its highest point, offering unparalleled 360-degree views of the city’s skyline. It has 28 air-conditioned capsules and each one can accommodate up to 28 people.
The Singapore Flyer is officially the highest point in Singapore, and it takes a complete rotation in approx. 30 minutes. A complete rotation allows passengers to capture breathtaking views of the city’s landscape as well as have a magnificent view of nearby attractions like the Super Trees. Visitors can also opt for the “Sky Dining” experience by having an international three-course meal in one of the capsules, or participate in Sky Shows, movies and special event packages.
What are the things to do in Singapore Flyer?
Some of the things you can do in Singapore Flyer:
- Enjoy a meal at the Singapore Flyer: Ride the Singapore Flyer and enjoy a luxurious meal while taking in the stunning views of Marina Bay. The three-course meal features international delicacies prepared by in-house chefs and is perfect for any romantic or celebratory occasion.
- Get exclusive souvenirs from the shops: After your ride, take time to visit the souvenir shops for exclusive memorabilia such as collectable coins and keychains. These mementos would make for great gifts for friends and family!
- Explore the surrounding attractions: The Singapore Flyer is situated in close proximity to other famous landmarks such as Marina Bay Sands, Esplanade and the nightlife of Clarke Quay. Make sure you take a walk around the area and take in the sights!
- Go for the special packages: Singapore Flyer offers special packages like Singapore Wind and Rain, Reeling and Dream Swings. These packages package provide a unique experience where you get to partake in different activities.
- Admire the skyline of Singapore’s city center: Be sure to take a few moments to admire the panoramic views of Singapore’s city center while you’re up in the air. You’ll be able to take in the sights of iconic buildings such as the Esplanade and Marina Bay Sands.
- Catch a glimpse of islands and sea life: Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the southern islands like Pulau Ubin, St. John’s Island and Lazarus Island. You may even spot dolphins and other sea creatures swimming around the islands.
- Go for a romantic ride: For couples, a ride on the Singapore Flyer can be the perfect way to surprise your loved one. A cruise around the city at night would be a great way to spend time together with your loved one.
- Make a wish on the coin machine: Make a wish by donating a coin in the coin-donation machine found in door 4. Each wish can be made in exchange for a minimum donation of 50 cents.
- Participate in the promotional activities: Singapore Flyer hosts promotional activities every now and then. Check out the official website to keep updated on the events hosted. These include light and musical performances as well.
- Get your picture taken with the iconic Singapore Flyer sign: Don’t forget to get a picture of yourself with the iconic Singapore Flyer sign in the background while you’re there. There’s a perfect spot to get a good snapshot on the observation deck.
What are the best foods at Singapore Flyer?
Some of the best food offerings at Singapore Flyer include:
- Chilli Crab Cake
- Satay Skewer
- Ginger Fried Squid
- Soft Shell Crab Salad
- Pan Fried Chicken Dumplings
- Crispy Salmon Roll
- Laksa noodles
- Fish Head Curry
- Grilled Seafood
- Fried Cereal Prawns
- Lobster Roll
- Mee Siam
- Grilled Lamb Skewer
- Nasi Lemak with Signature Coconut Rice
- Hainanese Chicken Rice
- Signature Singapore Chili Crab
What are the best hotels to stay in Singapore Flyer?
The best hotels to stay in Singapore Flyer are:
- The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
- Shangri-La Hotel Singapore
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel
- Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore
- Pan Pacific Singapore
- Grand Hyatt Singapore
- The Ritz-Carlton, Singapore
- Fairmont Singapore
- Pan Pacific Serviced Suites Beach Road
What is the next tourist destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!