Belize Best North America Countries to Visit
Belize is a small, vibrant country located in Central America, with coastal Caribbean and majestic Maya mountains as its backdrop. A cultural melting pot of African, Garifuna, Chinese, Creole, East Indian, Mestizo, Mayan, and Mennonite, cultures – each bring unique flavors, beautiful music & dance, and a variety of foods. With world-class dive sites, lively cities, and abundant wildlife, there’s something to explore in Belize!
Belize Best North America Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Belize
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Belmopan
- Language: English
- Currency: Belize Dollar
- Nationality: Belizean
The best cities that you must visit in Belize are Caye Caulker,Placencia, Hopkins,San Ignacio,Ambergris Caye,Corozal, Punta Gorda,Dangriga,Belmopan and Orange Walk.
The best destinations you must visit in Belize are Caye Caulker, Placencia, San Ignacio, Hopkins, Caracol, Ambergris Caye, Corozal, Lubaantun, Bullhole Caye and Glover’s Reef.
The best attractions in Belize you must visit are:
- Blue Hole – Belize Great Blue Hole
- Actun Tunichil Muknal (ATM) Cave
- Belize Barrier Reef
- Caye Caulker
- San Ignacio
- Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Hol Chan Marine Reserve
- Caracol Mayan Ruins
- Lamanai Ruins
A brief description of Belize
Belize is a small Central American country bordered by Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the south and west, and the Caribbean Sea to the east. It is the only Central American country that is home of the Kriol, an English-based Creole language. With the second largest barrier reef in the world, Belize is a popular destination for scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, and sailing.
Additionally, visitors can explore the numerous Mayan ruins, rain forests, and jungle rivers. Nature lovers will also be pleased by the wide variety of bird species, as well as the manatees, monkeys, and jaguars. This country also has an eclectic blend of cultural influences including Mayan, Creole, Mestizo, Garifuna, East Indian, Middle Eastern, and Chinese.
What are the Things to do in Belize?
There are many incredible things to do in Belize!
- First and foremost, visiting the beautiful beaches in Belize is an absolute must! Whether you’re looking to lie in the sun and relax or to snorkel in the Caribbean Sea, this is the perfect place for a beach adventure. Additionally, the barrier reef is one of the best coral reefs in the world, and it is a great place for diving and snorkeling.
- Second, this country is home to some of the most breathtaking Mayan ruins in the world. Visiting places like Caracol and Xunantunich will transport you back in time and give you an inside look at the ancient cultures.
- Third, Belize is a great place for animal lovers. It is home to a vast array of wildlife, including toucans, macaws, and jaguars. Going on a jungle tour will give you an opportunity to get up close and personal with some of these amazing creatures.
- Fourth, if you’re an adventurous traveler, then you’ll definitely appreciate the many opportunities for adrenaline pumping activities in here. From zip-lining through the jungle canopy to cave tubing in the dark cave tunnels, Belize offers plenty of opportunities for zip-lining, canoeing, rafting, and more.
- Finally, Belize is home to some amazing cultural events, such as Garifuna Settlement Day, Independence Day, and the Placencia Lobster Festival. These make for a really fun way to experience Belizean culture and get to know the locals.
With its stunning beaches, ancient ruins, incredible wildlife, and fantastic outdoor adventures, it’s easy to see why Belize is such a popular destination. There are plenty of exciting things to do in here, so come and experience the beauty of this fascinating country!
What are the Best Foods at Belize?
Belize offers a variety of delicious cuisine. One of the best foods to try in Belize is the famously spicy escabeche – a marinated dish of fried fish with onion and citrus. Other top eats include stew chicken, tamales, panades (corn patty with fish or pork), salbutes (corn tortilla with beans and shredded chicken), garnaches (fried tortillas with beans, cheese, and hot sauce), ceviche (marinated seafood), and fry jacks (deep-fried dough).
For those with a sweet tooth, the beautyberry cheese roll and traditional versions of dulce de leche are tantalizing treats. Richer foods include Belizean rice and beans and Belizean stewed beef. Belize offers these and many other delicious dishes to savor.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Belize?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Belize. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Coco Beach Resort – Placencia
- Chabil Mar Resort – Placencia
- Ka’ana Resort – San Ignacio
- Matachica Beach Resort & Spa – Ambergris Caye
- Hamanasi Adventure & Dive Resort – Hopkins
- Victoria House Resort & Spa – Ambergris Caye
- Blancaneaux Lodge – San Ignacio
- Grand Baymen Belize Resort & Marina – Ambergris Caye
- Portofino Beach Resort – Coco Plum Caye
- Moho Bay Camp – Maya Beach
Best Attractions in Belize
No posts found!