Botswana Best African Countries to Visit
Botswana is a landlocked country located in Southern Africa. Known for its wildlife and safaris, it is the perfect destination for adventure seekers and wildlife lovers alike! From Okavango Delta to the many national parks and game reserves, Botswana has it all. Visitors can expect to experience gorgeous sunsets, enjoy warm hospitality, and explore the stunning landscapes.
Botswana Best African Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Botswana
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Gaborone
- Language: English
- Currency: Botswanan Pula
- Nationality: Citizen of Botswana
A brief description of Botswana
Botswana is a landlocked country located in the southern region of Africa. It is bordered by the nations of South Africa, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Botswana has a population of about 2.3 million people and is known for its vast landscape of savanna and desert known as the Kalahari. The economy of Botswana is greatly driven by diamonds and tourism, as well as other minerals such as copper, nickel and coal. The country is also home to a large number of wildlife, including elephants, lions, cheetahs and antelopes.
What are the things to do in Botswana?
Botswana is a beautiful wildlife sanctuary in Africa. It is home to many exotic and rare animals, including the African bush elephant, the white rhino, the African wild dog and the African Giant eagle owl. It is also home to incredible national parks and game reserves. Here are some activities that you can do in Botswana:
- Safari: Explore Botswana’s incredible national parks and game reserves on a safari. See amazing African wildlife in its natural habitat, including the big cats, elephants, hippos, giraffes and wildebeest.
- Boat safaris: Take a boat safari along the Chobe River or explore the wide Okavango Delta in a traditional wooden mokoro. See birds, elephants, hippos, crocodiles and a variety of other animals during the trip.
- Visit the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans: One of the largest salt flats in the world, the Makgadikgadi Salt Pans is a stunningly flat desert landscape.
- Fishing and water sports: Botswana is a great destination for fishing and water sports such as kayaking and white-water rafting.
- Cultural activities: Visit a local village and learn about the culture and customs of the people. See traditional crafts and music.
- Hiking and camping: Get away from it all and explore Botswana’s many nature reserves with a hike or a camping trip.
- Safari lodges: Enjoy the luxury of a safari lodge as well as exploring the wilds. Enjoy great accommodation and facilities as well as out of this world game drives.
- Quad biking: Explore the country’s remote areas on a quad bike and experience a different side of Botswana.
- Balloon safari: Watch the incredible African wildlife from the sky with a balloon safari.
- Luxury wildlife tours: For the ultimate wildlife experience, take a luxury wildlife tour with expert guides.
With so many activities to choose from, Botswana is a perfect destination for a wildlife adventure. Enjoy breathtaking natural beauty and incredible animals in a wild and rugged setting.
What are the best foods at Botswana?
The best foods at Botswana are:
- Spicy Braai (Barbecue): This is a popular dish that combines grilled beef, chicken and pork, usually served with an onion relish.
- Mopane Worms: Mopane worms are an African delicacy, often roasted over coals and served with sides of vegetables and traditional sour porridge.
- Pap: Pap is made from cornmeal and is a staple at almost every Botswana meal.
- Seswaa: Seswaa is a shredded and spiced beef dish cooked in a peanut-based sauce and served with porridge.
- Bogobe: Bogobe, also known as cooked mielie pap, is a cornmeal porridge also served as a staple in Botswana.
- Lesheka: Lesheka is a traditional dish of boiled beef, mixed with onions and potatoes.
- Chakalaka: Chakalaka is a spicy vegetable relish usually served with braai or pap.
- Slap Chips: Slap chips are french fries mixed with tomato, onion, garlic and spices.
- Morogo: Morogo is a traditional dish made with wild spinach and other vegetables.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is a refreshing and popular summer fruit in Botswana.
What are the best hotels to stay in Botswana?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Botswana. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Sanctuary Chief’s Camp, Okavango Delta
- Chobe Chilwero, Chobe National Park
- Savute Safari Lodge, Chobe National Park
- Meno a Kwena, Kalahari Game Reserve
- Beyond Xaranna Okavango Delta Camp, Okavango Delta
- Kwetsani Camp, Okavango Delta
- Kubu Lodge, Makgadikgadi Pans
- Duba Expedition Camp, Okavango Delta
- Gadibe Lodge, Chobe National Park
- Little Vumbura, Okavango Delta
Best Attractions in Botswana
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Botswana.
No posts found!
What are 10 best cities in Botswana you must visit?
The best cities that you must visit in Botswana are Gaborone, Maun, Tsabong, Kasane, Serowe, Francistown, Mahalapye, Orapa, Palapye and Ghanzi.
What are 10 best attractions in Botswana you must visit?
The best attractions in Botswana you must visit are:
- Okavango Delta: The world’s largest inland delta and home to a wealth of wildlife including lions, cheetah, African wild dogs, and the rare African jackal.
- Chobe National Park: The country’s second largest and most diverse game reserve, home to elephant, hippo, and a variety of antelope.
- The Kalahari Desert: A vast expanse of bush that is home to black maned lion and white rhino.
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve: The world’s second largest game reserve, famous for its black-maned lions and large herds of wildlife.
- Khama Rhino Sanctuary: A wildlife reserve that is home to Botswana’s last free-roaming rhino population.
- Makgadikgadi Salt Pans: An ancient lake system set amidst beautiful wild savannahs and salt flats.
- Mombo Camp: One of the top destinations for exclusive safari experiences in Botswana’s Okavango Delta.
- Jack’s Camp: A luxury safari camp set in the Kalahari Desert.
- Nxai Pan National Park: The only park in Botswana that contains fossilized dunes and abundant wildlife.
- Mokoro Trips: A unique opportunity to explore the wetlands of the Okavango Delta by traditional mokoro (dugout canoe).
What are 10 best destinations in Botswana you must visit?
The best destinations you must visit in Botswana are:
- Moremi Game Reserve
- Khwai Community Area
- Makgadikgadi Salt Pans
- Okavango Delta
- Chobe National Park
- Central Kalahari Game Reserve
- Nxai Pan National Park
- Tsodilo Hills
- Mamili National Park
- Savuti Marsh