Costa Rica Best North America Countries to Visit
Costa Rica is one of the most biodiverse countries in the world, boasting coasts both on the Caribbean and the Pacific Ocean, lush rainforests and abundant wildlife. With over 500,000 species, Costa Rica is teeming with natural beauty which you can explore on any of the hundreds of trails, there is something to fit every traveler’s needs. From majestic Arenal Volcano to the cloud-forest of Monteverde, explore and experience Costa Rica’s breathtaking landscape.
Costa Rica Best North America Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Costa Rica
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: San José
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Costa Rican Colón
- Nationality: Costa Rican
The best cities that you must visit in Costa Rica are San José, La Fortuna, Tamarindo, Manuel Antonio, Puerto Viejo, Monteverde, Coco Beach, Puerto Limón, Jacó and Cahuita.
The best destinations you must visit in Costa Rica are La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano, Monteverde Cloud Forest, Manuel Antonio National Park, Tortuguero National Park, Rincon de la Vieja National Park, Puerto Viejo, Puerto Limon, Corcovado National Park, Cahuita National Park and Playa Samara and Playa Carrillo.
The best attractions in Costa Rica you must visit are:
- Arenal Volcano
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Corcovado National Park
- Tortuguero National Park
- Irazu Volcano
- Poas Volcano
- Cahuita National Park
- Montezuma Waterfalls
- Palo Verde National Park
A brief description of Costa Rica
Costa Rica is a small Central American country known for its natural environment, with beaches, jungle, rainforest, and volcanoes, that are also home to an incredibly biodiverse array of wildlife. It is also known for its progressive environmental policies and is one of the world leaders in renewable energy. Costa Rica is also a safe, democratic country that is popular among tourists looking to get away from it all.
What are the Things to do in Costa Rica?
- Spot Turtle Nests: One of the most popular activities for travelers in Costa Rica is to watch sea turtles nesting on the beaches. If you visit between June and December, the best places to spot turtles are Tortuguero National Park, the beaches of Playa Ostional, and Parque Nacional Cahuita.
- Visit Arenal Volcano: Placed in the Arenal Volcano National Park, Arenal Volcano is a popular tourist destination in Costa Rica. From the observation platform, you can take photos and also hike around the crater and catch some amazing views of the volcano.
- Explore Manuel Antonio National Park: Manuel Antonio National Park is empty by day and full of life in the morning. You can explore the park and observe the many species of animals, including howler monkeys and white-faced Capuchin monkeys.
- Walk the Streets of San Antonio de Damas: San Antonio de Damas is a small town located near Jaco, where walking is the preferred mode of transportation. Spend some time here and explore the stores, local cafes, and cultural attractions.
- Whitewater Rafting: If you like adrenaline-pumping activities, whitewater rafting is the perfect thing for you to do in Costa Rica. There are various rivers to explore, ranging from relaxed to wild ones.
- Zip Lining: For a bird’s eye view of the jungles and rivers of Costa Rica, zip-lining is the perfect option. A variety of locations in the country offer amazing zip-lining tours, allowing you to get up close and personal with nature.
- Take a Dip in La Fortuna: If you visit Arenal Volcano, make sure to take a dip in La Fortuna. Located at the foot of the volcano, the hot springs will soothe your muscles and give you some incredible views of the volcano’s slopes.
- Spend a Day in Monteverde: Monteverde is an incredible mountain town located deep in the hills of the Costa Rican highlands. Here you can explore the cloud forests, visit local farms and stores, and dine in local restaurants.
- Go Surfing: Costa Rica is an incredibly popular surfing destination and has some of the best waves in the world. Visit Hermosa Beach for some spectacular waves, or go for a less challenging surf in Playa Jacó.
- Hang Out at Playas San José: Playas San José is a great spot for travelers looking for a bit of R&R time. Here you can spend time on the beach and enjoy some local street food. If you visit during the evening, you can also catch some live music.
What are the Best Foods at Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is renowned for its fresh and delicious cuisine. The best foods to try in Costa Rica include the national dish, Gallo Pinto, which is a combination of white rice and red beans spiced with cilantro and onions. Casado is another favorite, which is a traditional lunch dish consisting of rice, beans, fried plantains, meat or fish, and vegetables.
Other must-try dishes include the traditional Olla De Carne beef soup, tamales, ceviche, and empanadas. For dessert, you must try Tres Leches, a spongy cake drenched in evaporated and condensed milk and topped with whipped cream. Fresh fruits such as papaya, pineapple, and guanabana are widely available all over the country, and are delicious eaten alone.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Costa Rica?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Costa Rica. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Lapa Rios Eco Lodge (Puerto Jimenez)
- Andaz Costa Rica Resort at Peninsula Papagayo (Guanacaste)
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa (Bajos del Toro)
- Hotel Punta Islita (Playa Samara)
- Secrets Papagayo Resort & Spa (Guanacaste)
- Resort & Spa Tamarindo Diria Beach (Tamarindo)
- Kura Design Villas (Uvita)
- Xandari Resort & Spa (Alajuela)
- Nayara Springs (La Fortuna)
- Hotel Galeria (San Jose)
Best Attractions in Costa Rica
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Costa Rica.
No posts found!