Dominican Republic Best North America Countries to Visit
The Dominican Republic is a Caribbean nation that shares the island of Hispaniola with Haiti to the west. Home to lush tropical rainforests, pristine beaches, and the highest mountain peak in the Caribbean, the Dominican Republic is a popular tourist destination. Visitors flock here for the year-round sunshine and relaxed vibe. Nature lovers come to explore the country’s many national parks, while watersport enthusiasts enjoy water skiing and snorkeling in the crystal-clear waters.
Dominican Republic Best North America Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Dominican Republic
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Santo Domingo
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Dominican Peso
- Nationality: Dominicans
A brief description of Dominican Republic
The Dominican Republic occupies the eastern two-thirds of the Caribbean island of Hispaniola, located between Cuba and Puerto Rico. It is a democratic republic with a vibrant culture, rich history, and beautiful beaches. It also boasts a wide variety of tropical rainforest and high mountains, making it a popular destination for outdoor activities.
Visitors can explore a range of natural attractions, such as the 27 waterfalls of El Limon, miles of white-sand beaches, and the Caribbean Sea. The country has become a major tourist destination for the Caribbean, with a growing number of luxury hotels, resorts, and attractions.
What are the Things to do in Dominican Republic?
There are many things to do in Dominican Republic as listed below:
- Visit Santo Domingo: The capital city and oldest city in the Americas, Santo Domingo is a must-see for any visitor to the Dominican Republic. It is home to the oldest cathedral and fortress in the Americas, the Zona Colonial, and a plethora of other historical sites, modern attractions, and great restaurants and nightlife.
- Explore Punta Cana: This area of the Dominican Republic is known for its stunning white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and luxury resorts. It is a great spot to relax and unwind with a wide range of activities like swimming, snorkeling, scuba diving, and more.
- Go Horseback Riding: Explore the countryside of the Dominican Republic and see stunning views from the back of a horse. Tour operators offer guided horseback riding tours throughout the country with experienced guides and well-trained horses.
- Go Whale Watching: Between January and March, the Dominican Republic’s waters become the home to migrating whales and dolphins. Whale watching tours are offered in different regions throughout the country and are popular with all ages.
- Explore Waterfalls: Waterfalls are plentiful in the Dominican Republic, and many of them are great for swimming and enjoying the natural beauty. There are plenty to choose from, including the Salto de Jimenoa, Salto de Aguas Blancas, and Salto de Baiguate.
- Visit Samana: This northern region of the Dominican Republic is known for its secluded beaches and unspoiled tropical rainforest. Visit El Limon waterfall, tour Cayo Levantado, and swim in the serene Caribbean waters.
- Go Zip-Lining: This is an adventure activity like no other. Enjoy breathtaking views of the Dominican Republic’s countryside as you soar through the canopy on a zip-line. There are courses for all levels of experience, from beginner to expert.
- Visit the Whimbrel Wildlife Refuge: This is a great spot for bird-watching enthusiasts. The refuge is located in the Dominican Republic’s southwest and is home to a wide range of local species like the red-legged thrush, the sooty thrush, and the hummingbird.
- Hike Up the Pico Duarte: Pico Duarte is the highest mountain in the Caribbean and offers a great opportunity for experienced hikers. It is located in the Cordillera Central of the Dominican Republic, and a two-day hike is usually recommended.
- Visit Jarabacoa: This small mountain town is located in the central region of the Dominican Republic and benefits from an elevation that keeps its climate cool and pleasant. It is full of hiking trails and home to the greatest waterfall in the Caribben, The Baiguate Falls.
What are the Best Foods at Dominican Republic?
The Dominican Republic is known for its delicious cuisine, and some of the best foods to try on a visit include: Mangu, a popular breakfast dish made of boiled plantains mashed with butter and garlic; Sancocho, a hearty stew made with chicken, beef, or other types of meat and vegetables; La Bandera, a classic Dominican rice and beans dish; Chicharrón, fried pork or chicken accompanied by curtido, a type of spicy pickled cabbage; La Mona, a sweet and savory cake made with bell peppers, eggs, and cheese; and lots of fresh seafood such as fish, shrimp, and lobster.
There are also plenty of tropical fruits available like bananas, pineapples, and coconuts, as well as plenty of local beers and rums to enjoy.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Dominican Republic?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Dominican Republic. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Sublime Samana Hotel & Residences (Las Terrenas)
- Eden Roc at Cap Cana (Punta Cana)
- Lifestyle Holidays Vacation Resort (Puerto Plata)
- Nickelodeon Hotels & Resorts Punta Cana (Punta Cana)
- Grand Bahia Principe La Romana (La Romana)
- Majestic Elegance Punta Cana (Punta Cana)
- Viva Wyndham Tangerine (Cabarete)
- Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana (Punta Cana)
- Casa Colonial Beach & Spa (Puerto Plata)
- The Hotel at PUNTACANA Resort & Club (Punta Cana)
Best Attractions in Dominican Republic
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Dominican Republic.
No posts found!
The best cities that you must visit in Dominican Republic are Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, La Romana, Puerto Plata, Bávaro, Samaná, Cabrera, Santiago de los Caballeros, Sosua and Pedernales.
The best attractions in Dominican Republic you must visit are:
- El Limón Waterfall
- 27 Charcos (27 Waterfalls)
- La Romana, an historic colonial town
- Punta Cana, the Caribbean’s playground
- Samaná Peninsula and its white sand beaches
- Los Haitises National Park
- Jarabacoa, for mountain lovers
- Puerto Plata, for historical city tours
- Santo Domingo, the capital
- Playa Rincón, for a perfect beach day
The best destinations you must visit in Dominican Republic are Punta Cana, Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata, Samaná Peninsula, Bayahibe, Las Lagunas de Nisibón, El Limón Waterfall, Jarabacoa, Cabarete and Las Terrenas.