Dunn's River Falls Jamaica Must See Destination
Dunn's River Falls Jamaica Must See Destination Summary
- Attraction Name: Dunn’s River Falls
- Country: Jamaica
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Kingston
- Language: English
- Currency: Jamaican Dollar
- Nationality: Jamaican
Dunn’s River Falls Jamaica is a must-see destination for any traveler to the Caribbean. It is one of Jamaica’s most iconic and beautiful attractions, with a series of terraced waterfalls cascading over 600 feet of limestone into a clear pool at the bottom. The Falls provide a stunning backdrop for visitors, offering a natural playground for adventure seekers, photographers, and swimmers alike.
The Falls have also been designated a National Landmark, and has been featured in movies such as The Blue Lagoon, Cocktail, and even James Bond’s Dr. No! Visitors can climb the Falls, bask in the sun atop the terraces or go for a swim in the natural Jacuzzis.
Tell us about Dunn's River Falls Jamaica
Dunn’s River Falls is a spectacular waterfall located in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. The falls are one of Jamaica’s most famous tourist attractions and thousands of visitors climb the cold springs of the falls each year. It is situated 18 km from the town of Ocho Rios and extends from the sea level up to the base of 600 feet of limestone terraces.
The Falls consists of a series of cascading waterfalls that flow from the limestone terraces below the peak of White Mountain, creating several natural terraces. The cascades form numerous natural pools, making it ideal for swimming. It is also a popular spot for cliff jumping and rope swings. Dunn’s River Falls is surrounded by lush vegetation and is a great place to enjoy nature, take pictures and explore.
What are the things to do in Dunn's River Falls Jamaica?
Dunn’s River Falls is one of Jamaica’s most iconic attractions, drawing thousands of tourists each year. A series of terraced, cascading waterfalls and sparkling springs, the falls pour down into a large, picturesque pool.
- The most popular activity at the falls is to climb it. Experienced guides lead groups of six on the 600-foot climb. Depending on the group size, it usually takes 40 to 80 minutes to ascend the rocky steps.
- Enjoy a unique therapeutic experience by swimming or wading in the warm, invigorating waters of the grotto at the peak of the Dunn’s River Falls Jamaica. It is said to have therapeutic properties with curative powers.
- Take an invigorating river hike from the bottom of the falls up to the top. During the hike, visitors can jump off rocks, swim, and enjoy the serene beauty of Dunn’s River Falls.
- Experience the unexpected excitement of getting drenched as you encounter rapid streams of river water rushing along the canyon wall. As an added bonus, join in the fun of a water slide at the top of the falls!
- Visit the nearby Dunn’s River Craft Market, located on the highway between Ocho Rios and the falls. This colorful shop offers a variety of crafts and souvenirs. Be sure to haggle with the vendors to get the best deal.
- Visit the nearby Blue Hole: A deep, picturesque pool of clear blue water emanating from the river’s headwaters. Take a swim or simply relax and watch its cascading waterfall.
- Spend an evening partying at one of New Orleans’ exciting nightclubs and enjoy the river’s vibrant nightlife.
- Discover ancient Taino culture at Chukka Cove Farm. Activities such as horseback riding, nature trails, and kayaking give you a unique insight on the past.
- Enrich your Dunn’s River Falls experience with a visit to the Copperwood Art Gallery and Natural Mystic Gift Shop. It features indigenous Jamaican artifacts and artwork, as well as traditional Jamaican handicrafts and jewelry.
- Go on an exciting river at Dunn’s River Falls Jamaica: Tubing adventure and explore breathtaking islands and hidden coves. Enjoy a beautiful bird’s eye view of the falls along with a bird sanctuary and exotic waterfalls.
- Make the most of your Dunn’s River Falls experience with a sunset catamaran cruise and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean waters.
What are the best foods at Dunn's River Falls Jamaica?
The best foods at Dunn’s River Falls Jamaica are:
- Curry Goat
- Jerk Chicken
- Fried Fish
- Vegetable Rundown
- Rice and Peas
- Fried Plantains
- Ackee and Saltfish
- Stew Peas
What are the best hotels to stay in Dunn's River Falls Jamaica?
The best hotels to stay in Dunn’s River Falls Jamaica are:
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort
- Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
- Bay Rock Bed & Breakfast
- Cayenne Cabins
- The Jewel Dunn’s River Beach Resort & Spa
- Jewel Dunn’s River Resort & Spa – Azul Villa
- White Sands Negril Jamaica All-Inclusive Resort
- Sandals Royal Plantation
- Legends Beach Resort
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!