Ghana Best African Countries to Visit
Ghana is a country in West Africa bordered by Côte d’Ivoire, Burkina Faso, and Togo. It has a population of over 28 million people and is known for its cultural diversity, beautiful landscapes, and vibrant cities. The country is home to many traditional and modern attractions ranging from beautiful national parks and beaches to vibrant cities. There is something to offer everyone in Ghana.
Ghana Best African Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Ghana
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Accra
- Language: English
- Currency: Ghanaian Cedi
- Nationality: Ghanaian
A brief description of Ghana
Ghana is a country located in West Africa and is bordered by Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, and Togo. This country is a major producer of cacao and gold and is also home to a rich cultural heritage. It stands out as one of the most stable and vibrant democracies in Africa. The capital is Accra and the official language is English. Ghana is well known for its vibrant traditional festivals, colourful markets, and hospitable people.
What are the things to do in Ghana?
Ghana is an amazing West African country filled with culture, vibrant modern cities, breathtaking nature and many incredible things to do. Here are some of the things you should do while in Ghana:
- Visit the historic colonial forts and castles near the coastline that were once used as strongholds for West African slave trade. The castles and forts offer breathtaking views and provide a glimpse into the history of the country.
- Check out the bustling markets in Accra. You can find authentic African fabrics, crafts and jewelry as well as many other local products.
- Explore some of the national parks and reserves in Ghana. The country boasts some of the best game parks in Africa filled with numerous species of birds and mammals, like elephants, hippos and gorillas.
- Go on a safari in the Mole national park and explore the savannah grasslands.
- Visit the Kintampo waterfalls, the highest waterfalls in Ghana, where you can swim in the natural pools or enjoy the breathtaking views nearby.
- Take part in a variety of adventure activities like surfing, hiking, mountain biking, caving, rock climbing and more.
- Climb Mount Afadjato, the highest peak in Ghana, and enjoy some of the best views in West Africa.
- Enjoy the beautiful beaches on the Atlantic coast and take part in a variety of water sports, such as paragliding, jet skiing and water skiing.
- Take a hike in the Ankasa rainforest, one of the most biodiverse areas in West Africa.
- Visit the Central region, home to the stunning Wli Falls, Ghana’s highest, which plunges over a nearby escarpment.
- Enjoy a view of the of tropical birds in Kakum National Park.
- Have fun in Ghana’s vibrant and varied nightlife.
- Learn the rich cultures and fascinating history of Ghana through its many art galleries, museums and sites.
- Learn African drumming, dancing and marimba music at a local village.
- Go on a mesmerizing cultural tour of the Ashanti region.
- Relax in the hot springs near Bojo.
- Go cave exploring in the Chirano gold mine.
- Visit the Mole Motte, a sacred site to the people of Dagomba, where people perform an ancient ritual every year.
- Immerse yourself in the bustling markets and street food of the capital city, Accra.
- Witness some of the many festivals, such as Dipo, Padu, and the Homowo, that celebrate the many cultures and heritages of Ghana.
What are the best foods at Ghana?
Ghana offers a wide variety of delicious dishes, including:
- Fufu: A staple starchy side dish made of boiled and mashed cassava and plantains.
- Red Red: A stew of red beans, bell peppers and onions, often served with plantains and a fried fish fillet.
- Jollof Rice: A rice dish cooked in a flavorful tomato-based sauce with various spices and other ingredients.
- Kenkey: A fermented corn dough wrapped in maize husks and boiled.
- Waakye: A popular dish made of cooked rice and beans with optional spice, gari and/or sausage.
- Banku: Boiled fermented maize and cassava dough, usually served with a type of soup.
- Palm Nut Soup: A fragrant soup made from palm nuts and enriched with smoked fish, shrimp, groundnuts, mushrooms and okra.
- Kenkey and Fish: A spicy fish stew served with boiled kenkey.
- Groundnut Soup: A Ghanaian soup made from groundnut paste, tomato and other spices.
- Fried Plantain: Ripe plantain fried in palm oil, a traditional street food snack.
What are the best hotels to stay in Ghana?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Ghana. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- La Palm Royal Beach Hotel, Accra
- Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra
- Mankwe Lodge, Kumasi
- Kempinski Hotel, Accra
- Kpmg Wellness Hotel, Kumasi
- Hotel Tropicana, Kumasi
- Spa Resort & Luxury Hotel, Accra
- Labadi Beach Hotel, Accra
- Coconut Grove Beach Resort, Accra
- La Villa Boutique Hotel, Accra
Best Attractions in Ghana
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Ghana.
No posts found!
The best cities that you must visit in Ghana are Accra, Kumasi, Takoradi, Cape Coast Ho, Tamale, Axim, Elmina, Akosombo and Gamaba.
The best attractions in Ghana you must visit are:
- Wli Waterfalls
- Kakum National Park
- Cape Coast Castle
- Busua Beach
- Mole National Park
- Shai Hills Resource Reserve
- Elmina Castle
- Lake Bosomtwe
- Nzulezo stilt village
- Larabanga Mosque
The best destinations you must visit in Ghana are:
- Cape Coast
- Kakum National Park
- Mole National Park
- Labadi Beach
- Wli Falls
- Wli Agumatsa Wildlife Sanctuary