Iceland Best European Countries to Visit
Iceland is a dynamic Nordic country known for its stunning natural beauty, vibrant culture, and immense geothermal power. It’s home to volcanoes, glaciers, hot springs, icebergs, and lagoons, along with a wide variety of habitats and wildlife. In the capital Reykjavík, there are vibrant nightlife and culture, as well as museums, churches, and other landmarks.
Iceland Best European Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Iceland
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: Reykjavík
- Language: Icelandic
- Currency: Icelandic Króna
- Nationality: Icelandic
A brief description of Iceland
Iceland is a Nordic Island country located in the North Atlantic Ocean, with a population of around 364,134 people. Famous for its dramatic volcanic landscape of geysers, hot springs, waterfalls, and glaciers, Iceland is also home to some of the most beautiful natural wonders in the world, including the Northern Lights. Iceland is one of the world’s most sparsely populated countries, and is known for its rich culture, unique language, and the Icelandic Sagas. It is also home to a thriving music and art scene, and its unique cuisine, which includes dishes such as whale meat and fermented shark.
What are the Things to do in Iceland?
There are many things to do in Iceland as listed below:
- Visit a geothermal hot spring: Enjoy a relaxing soak at one of Iceland’s many hot springs and spas.
- Take a hike in the Golden Circle: Explore one of Iceland’s most popular regions and its many waterfalls, geysers and lava fields.
- Explore Reykjavík: Visit museums and galleries, enjoy its vibrant nightlife, and explore its cobbled streets.
- Go glacier hiking: Take in majestic views while exploring the vast ice fields in western Iceland.
- Visit Gullfoss Waterfall: Stand in awe at one of Iceland’s most popular waterfalls.
- Experience the Northern Lights: Capture this magical display of light from anywhere in the country during the winter months.
- Try Icelandic delicacies: Enjoy local dishes such as skyr, fermented shark, and whale meat.
- Take a boat tour on the Blue Lagoon: Get up close and personal with the stunning aqua-blue waters of the lagoon.
- Take part in a horseback riding tour: Enjoy horseback riding tours across the Icelandic countryside.
- Go caving: Explore the thrilling lava tunnels, or the many lava caves scattered across the country.
What are the Best Foods at Iceland?
For a food hunter out there, Iceland has many best foods as listed below:
- Icelandic Skyr Yogurt
- Smoked Lamb
- Hákarl (Fermented Shark)
- Skonsur (Icelandic Rye Bread)
- Lamb Soup
- Icelandic Fish Curry
- Rye Crispbread
- Plokkfiskur (Fish Stew)
- Svið (Sheep’s Head)
- Rye Bread Ice Cream
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Iceland?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Iceland. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
- Kvosin Downtown Hotel
- Fosshotel Reykjavík
- Grand Hotel Reykjavik
- Hilton Reykjavik Laekjarans
- Hotel Borg
- Ion Adventure Hotel
- Hotel Klettur
- Apotek Hotel
- Canopy by Hilton Reykjavik City Centre
Best Attractions in Iceland
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Iceland.
No posts found!
Hashtag / Keywords
What are 10 best cities in Iceland you must visit?
The best cities that you must visit in Iceland are Reykjavik, Akureyri, Hofn, Vik, Akranes, Hvolsvollur, Egilsstadir, Isafjorour, Husavik and Skaftafell National Park.
What are 10 best attractions in Iceland you must visit?
The best attractions in Iceland you must visit are:
- The Blue Lagoon
- The Golden Circle
- Þingvellir National Park
- Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
- Skaftafell National Park
- Dettifoss Waterfall
- Myvatn Nature Baths
What are 10 best destinations in Iceland you must visit?
The best destinations you must visit in Iceland are Reykjavik, The Blue Lagoon, Vatnajökull National Park, Geysir hot spring, Gullfoss waterfall, Skógafoss, Þingvellir National Park, Hofsós pool, Mt. Esja, Jökulsárlón Ice Lagoon.