Iguazu Falls Brazil Greatest Natural Wonders
Iguazu Falls Brazil Greatest Natural Wonders Summary
- Attraction: Iguazu Falls
- Country: Brazil
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Brasília
- Language: Portuguese, Spanish, English
- Currency: the Real
Iguazu Falls in Brazil are one of the world’s most incredible natural wonders. Spanning nearly two miles wide, it is comprised of 275 individual falls, with the highest being almost 260 feet tall. Its awe-inspiring beauty draws more than 1.6 million visitors to the site each year from all around the world. Iguazu Falls provide visitors with a variety of ways to experience the falls, from boat trips and boat rides to hikes and trails to simply gazing at its magnificent beauty from the top. It’s an unforgettable experience that is sure to be at the top of anyone’s list of places to visit.
Tell Us About Iguazu Falls Brazil
Iguazu Falls is a spectacular tourist destination located on the border between Brazil and Argentina. It is one of the world’s most impressive waterfalls and is part of the Iguacu National Park. The falls consist of 275 individual cascades and drop a combined total of about 269 feet over a 2.7-mile distance. A visit to the falls offers panoramic views from the surrounding cliffs, visitor center overlooking Devil’s Throat, and boat rides that take you close to the base of the falls. The park is home to more than 2,000 species of flora and fauna and offers many activities, such as hiking, bird watching, and swimming.
What are the Things to do in Iguazu Falls Brazil?
Iguazu Falls Brazil is one of South America’s most spectacular natural wonders and is a must-visit destination for any traveler. You’ll find picture-perfect landscapes and cascading waterfalls, perfect for taking amazing photographs.
- Visit the Devil’s Throat: You can’t visit this place without seeing the Devil’s Throat – one of the most impressive waterfalls in the world. You can take an elevator to a viewing platform and then take a walkway to get even closer to the falls.
- Hike through the Park: Iguazu Falls National Park is home to some amazing trails, both above and below falls. You can get a full appreciation of the green jungle and cascading waterfalls as you hike through one of the most beautiful destinations in South America.
- Tour the Three Borders: Take a scenic boat tour to the Three Borders – the meeting point of the borders of Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay. On the way you can see incredible views of the falls and even see wildlife around the area.
- Boat Ride under the Falls: Get ready for a unique experience – one where you cruise down the Negro River and come face to face with the powerful Iguazu Falls. You’ll be soaked to the bone, but it’s a unique experience.
- Experience the Bird Park: The Bird Park is a great place to appreciate the local bird life. Home to hundreds of species, you’ll get an up close and personal experience with the vibrant birds of Iguazu.
- Search for Wildlife: In the jungle, there is plenty of wildlife. Keep an eye out for the howler monkeys, macaws, toucans, and armadillos as you explore.
- Try the Local Cuisine: Iguazu Falls is located in a delicious corner of Brazil. Between the Brazilian and Argentinian cuisine, there are incredible dishes to try. Be sure to try the churrasco (roasted meats) , yerba mate, and dried beef as you explore Iguazu Falls.
- Take Photos: You can’t help but take plenty of photos at this incredible destination. Get some photos next to the falls, sitting on a boat, and standing in front of the Three Borders Monument.
- Get a Panoramic View: For the best overview possible, take the Panoramic Lift up to the higher viewpoint. From here, you can take in a stunning panorama of the whole area.
What are the Best Foods at Iguazu Falls Brazil?
The best foods at Iguazu Falls Brazil are:
- Choripan: A popular Argentinian sandwich made with chorizo sausage, served on a crusty roll.
- Grilled Meat Dishes: Iguazu Falls is a great place to enjoy some delicious gaucho-style steaks and grilled meats.
- Empanadas: A deep-fried or baked stuffed pastry.
- Pizza: Argentina is known for its pizza and Iguazu Falls is no exception.
- Achaide: A sweet-and-salty snack made with pastry dough and Brazilian cheese.
- Baked Fish: Freshly caught fish is a staple in Iguazu Falls, often accompanied by a variety of tropical fruits.
- Salchipapa: A potato-based dish mixed with hot dogs, topped with tomatoes, onions, and other condiments.
- Cachapa: Sweet corn pancakes, usually served with cheese and honey.
- Churrasco: A typical Brazilian barbecue dish made with different kinds of meat, sausages, and other grilled delicacies.
- Chimichurri Sauce: A traditional sauce for grilled and barbecued dishes with garlic, herbs, and vinegar.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Iguazu Falls Brazil?
Here are the best hotels to stay in Iguazu Falls Brazil:
- Wish Iguazu Cataratas Hotel & Convention
- Belmond Das Cataratas
- La Aldea de la Selva
- Mabu Thermas Grand Resort
- R Linda Vista
- Tarobá Hotel
- Novotel Iguazú
- Hotel Yatan Bita
- Hotel Wanda
- Seven Inn
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
Sugarloaf Mountain is one of the most interesting places to visit in Brazil. Scroll down and click the button for more information.