Japan Best Asia Countries to Visit
Japan is a country located in East Asia. It is made up of over 6,800 islands. The capital of Japan is Tokyo, which is the most populated city in the world. This country is home to many distinct cultural and historical sites, including ancient temples and famous shrines. It is also a leader in many technological and industrial sectors, including automobiles, electronics, and robotics.
Japan Best Asia Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Japan
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Tokyo
- Language: Japanese
- Currency: Japanese Yen
- Nationality: Japanese
The best attractions in Japan you must visit are:
- Fushimi Inari Taisha shrine (Kyoto)
- Kinkaku-ji Temple (Kyoto)
- Tokyo Skytree (Tokyo)
- Todai-ji Temple (Nara)
- Shirakawago (Gifu)
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park (Hiroshima)
- Hakone Open-Air Museum (Hakone)
- Tokyo Disneyland (Tokyo)
- Jigokudani Monkey Park (Nagano)
- Mount Fuji (Yamanashi)
A brief description of Japan
Japan is a sovereign island nation in East Asia. It is known for its unique blend of traditional culture and modern technology. It is home to some of the world’s most famous landmarks, including Mount Fuji, as well as bustling cities such as Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto. It is an economically advanced country and the fourth largest economy in the world. Its culture has been influenced by its long history and has a unique cuisine, art, and lifestyle. Its presence in the global economy has led to extensive international trade and a strong focus on innovation and technology.
What are the Things to do in Japan?
Things to do in Japan are:
- Visit the iconic landmarks in Tokyo, like the Tokyo Tower and Asakusa Shrine. Explore the vibrant nightlife in Shinjuku or explore the culinary delights at one of the hundreds of Izakayas in the city.
- Take a journey through history at the Imperial Palace of Tokyo, or other historic sites such as Nijo Castle, the Meiji Shrine and Himeji Castle.
- Experience the unique culture of Japan by participating in a traditional tea ceremony.
- Visit the beautiful and traditional temples and shrines throughout the country, such as Kiyomizudera in Kyoto and the Itsukushima Shrine in Hiroshima.
- Explore the traditional craftsmanship by visiting their many museums, such as the Edo-Tokyo Museum or the National Museum of Modern Art.
- Go shopping in one of the world’s largest cities, Tokyo. From bargain stores to high-end shops and everything in between, Tokyo has it all.
- Take an inspirational trip to the high-tech city of Osaka, where you’ll have access to some of the highest-end shopping and dining in Japan.
- Travel to the countryside and explore the natural beauty with hikes in or around Mount Fuji or along the Nakasendo trail.
- Take a trip to the hilly city of Takayama and marvel at the traditional architecture of its old town and temples.
- Experience a unique hybrid of tradition and modernity in the city of Hakone, known for its resort-style hot springs and bustling art galleries.
- Relax in one of the therapeutic hot springs found throughout the country.
- Sample the delicious and varied food from one of the many open-air food markets found in the cities.
- Visit a local festival (matsuri) and soak up the unique atmosphere and culture.
- Indulge in technological marvels by visiting the Akihabara shopping area and exploring the many arcades in the area.
- Visit many historical sites and learn more about the Samurai and Shinto culture of ancient Japan.
- Experience breathtaking scenery on one of the many scenic drives available throughout the country.
- Take a trip to the coastal Iwaki region and visit the majestic Matsushima Bay and the spa town of Hakone.
- Explore the tranquil atmosphere countryside found throughout the rural villages and towns.
- Experience the vibrant atmosphere of the Gion district in Kyoto and the many ryokan (inns) throughout the area.
- Indulge your taste buds with the myriad of cuisines ranging from sushi to ramen and everything in between.
What are the Best Foods at Japan?
Some of the best foods in Japan are:
- 1. Sushi: A popular food in Japan, sushi is one of the most well-known dishes from Japan. It consists of vinegared rice, chopped vegetables, and usually seafood.
- Ramen: Another popular food in Japan, ramen is a type of wheat noodle or egg noodle in a salty broth, usually mixed with various foods including pork, dried seaweed and egg.
- Udon: Udon is a type of thick white wheat flour noodle served in a hot broth, usually topped with seaweed.
- Yakitori: Yakitori is grilled skewered chicken on a stick, often served in small skewers with a variety of sauces and flavored salts.
- Tempura: Tempura is fried seafood and vegetable pieces served with a light batter.
- Tonkatsu: Tonkatsu is a pork cutlet deep-fried in a bread crumb-based batter that is often served on a bed of shredded cabbage.
- Onigiri: Onigiri are triangular or round-shape pieces of seasoned rice wrapped in seaweed.
- Sashimi: Sashimi is thinly-sliced raw fish served with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.
- Takoyaki: Takoyaki are small dough balls filled with chopped octopus and fried in a special plate.
- Gyoza: Gyoza are a type of fried dumpling with a filling of minced pork, vegetables and seasoning.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Japan?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Japan. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Tokyo
- Mandarin Oriental, Tokyo
- Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi
- Palace Hotel Tokyo
- Grand Hyatt Tokyo
- Andaz Tokyo Toranomon Hills
- The St. Regis Osaka
- The Prince Park Tower Tokyo
- Conrad Tokyo
- The Westin Tokyo
Best Attractions in Japan
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Japan.
No posts found!