Kenya Best African Countries to Visit
Kenya is a country in East Africa known for its landscapes, wildlife and expansive safari tours. It boasts a variety of habitats, from grassy savannas to tropical beaches, a lavish coastline and snow-capped mountains. Kenya is home to the famous Nairobi National Park and the Masai Mara National Reserve, known for its abundant wildlife such as lions, elephants, rhinos, giraffes and wildebeests.
Kenya Best African Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Kenya
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Nairobi
- Language: Swahili, English
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling
- Nationality: Kenyan
The best destinations you must visit in Kenya are Masai Mara National Reserve, Amboseli National Park, Tsavo National Park, Lamu Island, Mombasa, Lake Nakuru National Park, Mount Kenya, Hell’s Gate National Park, Samburu National Reserve and Kakamega Forest.
The best attractions in Kenya you must visit are:
- Masai Mara National Reserve
- Amboseli National Park
- Lamu Island
- Mount Kenya
- Samburu National Reserve
- Hell’s Gate National Park
- Malindi Marine National Park
- Kakamega Forest
- Diani Beach
- Lake Nakuru National Park
A brief description of Kenya
Kenya is a country in East Africa bordered by the Indian Ocean to the southeast, Tanzania to the south, Uganda to the west, South Sudan to the northwest, Ethiopia to the north and Somalia to the northeast. Kenya is an African powerhouse of wildlife, culture and diverse landscapes, with incredible national parks and reserves that shelter abundant wildlife from the mighty Masai lion to the majestic giraffe.
It also boasts some iconic stands of ancient coastal forests, snow-capped mountains, sweeping savannahs and beautiful beaches. Kenya has become an increasingly popular tourist destination in recent years, offering an incredible range of activities for visitors to enjoy.
What are the things to do in Kenya?
Kenya is known for its stunning landscapes, exotic wildlife, ancient culture and vibrant cities so there are plenty of activities to enjoy here. Whether you’re looking for adventure and excitement or rest and relaxation, Kenya has something for everyone. Here are some of the things to do in Kenya:
- Wildlife Safari – Kenya’s national parks and reserves are world-renowned for their abundant wildlife and spectacular landscapes. Maasai Mara, Tsavo East and Amboseli are the most popular game parks, offering great opportunities to view and photograph a variety of animals including lions, elephants, cheetahs, rhinos and leopards.
- Mount Kenya – At 17,069 feet, Mount Kenya is the country’s highest and second-highest peak. It’s a great spot for mountaineering and offers spectacular views of Kenya.
- Lake Victoria – Also known as the “jewel of Africa,” Lake Victoria is the largest lake on the African continent. It’s a great spot for boating, fishing and swimming, and a great way to get close to nature.
- Beach Getaways – Kenya has some beautiful beaches along the Indian Ocean, which is a great spot for swimming, soaking up the sun and enjoying water sports.
- Shopping in Nairobi – The bustling capital city is an ideal destination for shopping, gastronomy and entertainment. There are a variety of markets where you can find a great selection of souvenirs, from handmade art and crafts to traditional Maasai jewelry.
- Boating on Lake Naivasha – Located in the heart of the Great Rift Valley, Lake Naivasha is a great spot for boating and wildlife spotting.
- Culture and Arts – As one of the most diverse countries in Africa, Kenya has a long and fascinating history and culture. You can learn more about its culture and traditions by visiting the Karen Blixen Museum or the National Museum of Kenya in Nairobi.
- Hot Air Ballooning – Enjoy spectacular aerial views of the Maasai Mara National Reserve and Mount Kenya while enjoying a hot air balloon ride.
What are the best foods at Kenya?
The best foods at Kenya are:
- Nyama Choma (Barbecued Meat): Nyama Choma (also known as grilled meat or barbecue) is a popular dish in Kenya, typically made with beef, pork, or chicken marinated in spices and cooked over a charcoal or wood fire.
- Ugali (Maize Porridge): Ugali is a thick maize porridge or polenta, cooked with water and often served with various stews. It is a staple food in Kenya and is usually served as a side dish with proteins like beef, chicken or fish.
- Kachumbari (Tomato and Onion Salad): Kachumbari is a simple Kenyan salad made with tomatoes and onions, often spiced with chili peppers, fresh herbs, and citrus juice.
- Pilau (Rice and Spices): Pilau is a popular Kenyan dish made with spiced rice, often cooked with vegetables, nuts, or meat.
- Mchuzi Wa Samaki (Fish Curry): Mchuzi Wa Samaki is a popular fish curry in Kenya. The fish is usually pan-fried with spices and served with the curry sauce.
- Chapati: Chapati is a common flatbread popular in Kenya, oftentimes eaten with stews and curries.
- Mombasa Pudding: Mombasa pudding is a traditional Kenyan dish made with dry fruits and mixed spices, served as a dessert.
What are the best hotels to stay in Kenya?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Kenya. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Marasa Africa Margarita’s Hotel, Tsavo National Park
- The Norfolk Hotel, Nairobi
- White Elephant Safari Lodge, Maasai Mara
- Diamonds Dream Of Africa, Watamu
- Mombasa Continental Resort, Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort, Mombasa
- Tribe Hotel, Nairobi
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, Nanyuki
- Sarova Whitesands Beach Resort & Spa, Mombasa
- Hemingways Nairobi, Nairobi
Best Attractions in Kenya
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Kenya.
No posts found!