South Korea Best Asia Countries to Visit
South Korea is a country located in East Asia, bordered by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea to the north, the East Sea to the east, the Yellow Sea to the west, and the East China Sea to the south. It has a population of over 51 million and is the world’s 11th most populous country. South Korea is a highly developed country with a rapidly growing economy, and it is home to a number of global brands like Samsung, LG, and Hyundai-Kia. It is also a very technologically advanced nation and is well-known for its advancements in areas such as semiconductor, robotics, and telecommunications technology.
South Korea Best Asia Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: South Korea
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Seoul
- Language: Korean
- Currency: South Korean won
- Nationality: South Korean
The best destinations you must visit in South Korea are Nami Island, Gyeongbokgung Palace, Jeonju Hanok Village, Bukchon Hanok Village, Busan, Seoul, Seoraksan National Park, Tongyeong, Gangneung and Daegu City.
The best attractions in South Korea you must visit are:
- Gyeongbokgung Palace
- N Seoul Tower
- Jeju Island
- Seoraksan National Park
- Haeundae Beach
- Demilitarized Zone (DMZ)
- Bukchon Hanok Village
- Seongsan Ilchulbong
- Cheonggyecheon Stream
- Ewha Womans University Street
A brief description of South Korea
Located in East Asia, South Korea has a long history of civilization, which dates back to the early Paleolithic era. It was one of the earliest countries to become an industrialized economy and is now one of the most developed countries in the world. It is home to many globally competitive industries, including electronics, automobile production, shipbuilding, robotics and biotechnology. Its capital city of Seoul is a major hub of business, culture and tourism with a vibrant nightlife.
South Korea is also known for its delicious cuisine, stunning natural landscapes and its tradition of Confucianism. Today, South Korea remains an important geopolitical power in Asia and is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world.
What are the Things to do in South Korea?
Things to do in South Korea are:
- Visit Seoul – South Korea’s vibrant and bustling capital city. Explore its ancient palaces including Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung, and visit popular sites such as the N Seoul Tower, Namsan Tower, and the War Memorial of Korea. Take in the various time periods of Seoul while walking along the Bukchon Hanok Village.
- Visit the breathtaking Seoraksan National Park, located in the northern area of the country. Take a hike on the trails for stunning views of the park’s lakes, valleys and slopes. Also enjoy hot springs, waterfalls and wildlife, as well as the park’s Buddhist culture.
- Experience the culture of Busan as you stroll through Jagalchi Fish Market, explore Gukje Market, admire the view from Haedong Yonggungsa Temple, or enjoy a night at the Busan Cinema Center.
- Visit the beautiful and pristine Jeju Island, home of the famous 73 Jeju Stone Grand Figures. Visit the mysterious Manjanggul Cave, stroll through Seongeup Folks Village, take a tour of the hallasan National Park and enjoy the traditional food and beautiful beaches.
- Participate in one of the country’s festivals like the Jinhae Gunhangje Cherry Blossom Festival or Boryeong Mud Festival. Try some of the traditional cuisine at a colorful and festive street food market.
- Take a walk through the Hanok Village in Gyeongju, a city full of ancient Korean culture, including traditional houses and temples. Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bulguksa Temple, the ancient tombs and the Anapji Pond.
- Visit the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) that separates North and South Korea, and experience the tensions of a nation divided.
- Take in the traditional village of Andong, filled with Confucian influences like its ancient Confucian schools, Hahoe Village, and Haenggung Palace. The village also features cultural events such as the Mask Dance Festival.
- Taste some of South Korea’s expanded culinary options, including fusion cuisine, vegetarian dishes, street food and more.
- Shop for modern fashion and traditional souvenirs, from shopping centers like Myeongdong to traditional markets such as Namdaemun.
What are the Best Foods at South Korea?
South Korea offers a wide variety of deliciously flavorful dishes! Some popular traditional dishes include Bibimbap (a dish with fried rice, vegetables and egg), Kimchi (a side dish made with fermented cabbage and other vegetables), Samgyeopsal (pork belly strips typically served as a popular Korean barbecue dish), and Japchae (a Korean-style stir-fry featuring sweet potato noodles, vegetables and mushrooms).
Other popular vegan dishes include Kimbap (Korean rolled sushi), Kongguksu (cold noodles), and Nasengi (Korean-style buckwheat noodles cooked in savory broth). For seafood lovers, Korea has many delicious options, from savory seafood Pancakes to spicy Soup dishes. Lastly, no trip to Korea is complete without enjoying some Makgeolli (Korean rice wine) or Soju (distilled alcoholic beverage)!
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in South Korea?
Have a pleasant day when visiting South Korea. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- The Shilla Seoul: Located in the heart of the city with stunning views, this luxurious 5-star hotel offers a great selection of services, from a comprehensive spa and fitness centre, to private gardens and a karaoke lounge.
- Park Hyatt Seoul: Located in the trendy Gangnam district, this 5-star boutique hotel boasts panoramic views of the city and impressive amenities, including a 24-hour gym and heated pool.
- Sheraton Seoul Palace Hotel: Set in the heart of the city, this 5-star hotel offers stunning views and advanced tech amenities, from massage chairs to LED walls.
- Grand Hilton Seoul: This luxurious 5-star hotel is located close to the Olympic Stadium and provides guests with top-notch facilities, such as an outdoor pool and spa centre.
- Signiel Seoul: Located atop a mountain peak in Seoul, this modern 5-star hotel offers guests a quiet and tranquil atmosphere, while also providing access to a wide range of recreational facilities.
Best Attractions in South Korea
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in South Korea.
No posts found!