Argentina Best South America Countries to Visit
Argentina is a large country located in South America, slightly larger than twice the size of Texas. Bordered by Chile to the south and Bolivia and Paraguay to the north, this country also has access to the Antarctic, which it claims in part. Known for its patchwork of distinct geographical regions and its vibrant culture. From the bustling metropolis of Buenos Aires to the deserts of Patagonia and the mountainous Lake District, Argentina offers a fascinating range of attractions.
Argentina Best South America Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Argentina
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Buenos Aires
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Argentine Peso
- Nationality: Argentinian
The best cities that you must visit in Argentina are Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Bariloche, Salta, Puerto Madryn, Ushuaia, Mar del Plata, El Calafate, El Chalten and Tucuman.
The best destinations you must visit in Argentina are San Martin de los Andes, Buenos Aires, Ushuaia, Portezuelo del Viento, El Chaltén, Bariloche, Perito Moreno Glacier, Mar del Plata, El Calafate and Salta City. Tourist also visit Mendoza, Tierra del Fuego and Quebrada de Humahuaca.
The best attractions in Argentina you must visit are:
- Iguazu Falls
- Perito Moreno Glacier
- Wine Country in Mendoza
- Puerto Iguazu
- Buenos Aires
- Peninsula Valdes
- El Chalten
- Quebrada de Humahuaca
- Tierra del Fuego National Park
A brief description of Argentina
Argentina is a country located in South America, with a population of approximately 45 million people. The country is bordered by Chile, Bolivia, Paraguay, Brazil, and Uruguay and has a land area of almost 2.8 million square kilometers, making it the eighth-largest country in the world.
Argentina is known for its varied terrain, ranging from the Andes mountains in the west to the broad rivers and plains of the east, and from the subtropical forests of the north to the icy Antarctic in the south. The country is home to unique wildlife, including the puma, llama, and vicuña, and its many national parks are among the most beautiful and varied in the world.
Argentina also boasts a vibrant culture and rich history, as well as an abundance of natural resources. From the vineyards of Mendoza to the glaciers of Patagonia and the bustling capital city of Buenos Aires has something to offer travelers of all tastes.
What are the Things to do in Argentina?
There are many things to do in Argentina as listed below:
- Visit the majestic Iguazu Falls.
- Explore Buenos Aires’ eclectic cultural offerings.
- Go Hiking and Trekking in Patagonia’s sublime valleys.
- Spot Wildlife in the wetlands of the Ibera Marshlands.
- Take a day trip to the beautiful coastal town of Mar del Plata.
- Dance the night away in the lively clubs of Cordoba.
- Head to Mendoza for some world-class wine tasting.
- Enjoy some adventure in Ushuaia, the world’s most southern city.
- Take a walking tour of San Telmo, Buenos Aires’ oldest barrio.
- See the Perito Moreno Glacier, a natural marvel in El Calafate.
What are the Best Foods at Argentina?
For a food hunter out there, Argentina has many best foods as listed below:
- Asado (BBQ beef): Asado is the iconic Argentine dish, which consists of a variety of grilled meats like beef, pork, and chicken.
- Empanadas (meat and cheese stuffed pastries): Empanadas are a type of pastries filled with a variety of savory fillings like beef, chicken, cheese, vegetables, and ham.
- Chimichurri (herb and vinegar steak marinade)
- Dulce de Leche (thick caramel sauce): Dulce de leche is a sweet, thick paste made from milk and sugar, and it can be used as a filling for pastries, as an accompaniment for bread, or as a dessert.
- Matambre Arrollado (stuffed flank steak)
- Yerba Maté (herbal tea)
- Alfajores (sandwich cookies filled with dulce de leche): Alfajores are a type of cookies made with cornstarch and filled with dulce de leche.
- Provoleta (grilled cheese)
- Choripan (grilled chorizo sandwich): Choripan is a sandwich made of chorizo sausage, lettuce, and tomato.
- Pastelitos de Carne (meat pies)
- Locro: This is a traditional stew made from corn, squash, and pork or beef.
- Churrasco: Churrasco is a grilled meat dish and can be served with a side of chimichurri, a green salsa.
- Milanesas: This is the Argentine version of chicken cutlets and usually it is served with fries and a salad.
- Humita: Humita is a savory corn-based pudding, and it can be served as a savory side dish or a sweet dessert.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Argentina?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Argentina. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- Aldebaran Hotel Boutique & Spa, Mendoza
- Hotel Las Calandrias, Cordoba
- Iguazu Grand Hotel Resort & Spa, Iguazu Falls
- Palacio Duhau – Park Hyatt Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
- Quijote Hotel Boutique, El Chalten
- Alto Calafate Hotel & Spa, El Calafate
- La Cantera Eco Camp & Spa, Sierra de la Ventana
- Anacapri Hotel & Resort, San Carlos de Bariloche
- Maki Hotel Boutique, Buenos Aires
- La Cascada Hotel Boutique & Spa, Santa Cruz
Best Attractions in Argentina
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Argentina.
No posts found!