Iguazu Falls Argentina Rainforest and Natural Beauty
Straddling the border of Argentina and Brazil, Iguazu Falls is a spectacular cascade of thundering water – one of the world’s most awe-inspiring waterfalls, made up of hundreds of cascades over a 2.7 km stretch. A must-see for any traveler, Iguazu Falls provides a spectacular view of the rainforest and natural beauty.
Iguazu Falls Argentina Rainforest and Natural Beauty Summary
- Attraction: Iguazu Falls
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Buenos Aires
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Argentine Peso
- Nationality: Argentinian
Iguazu Falls Argentina is one of the most breathtaking natural wonders in the world. With over 275 falls cascading into the Iguazu River, it is one of the greatest concentrations of waterfalls in the world. The setting of the falls, with lush green rainforests and vibrant wildflowers, makes it a breathtaking sight, and visitors come from far and wide to experience its beauty and majesty in person.
Additionally, the Falls boasts incredible biodiversity and provides a great opportunity to observe animals like the howler monkey, ocelots, and toucans. With its unique location, breathtaking views, and incredible biodiversity, Iguazu Falls Argentina is a must-see wonder of the world.
Tell Us About Iguazu Falls Argentina
Iguazu Falls is one of the most spectacular and awe-inspiring waterfalls in the world. Located on the border between Argentina and Brazil, the falls stretch some 2.7 kilometers (1.7 miles) across, with around 275 separate waterfalls separated by small islands. On the Argentinian side, the Iguazu National Park encompasses a section of the Iguazu River where the respective waterfalls plunge over a cliff. From its source high on the plateau in the Brazilian state of Paraná, the Iguazu Falls cascade in an incredible series of waterfalls and rapids. The falls are a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of Argentina’s most popular tourist attractions.
What are the Things to do in Iguazu Falls Argentina?
The Iguazu Falls, situated on the border between Brazil and Argentina, is one of the most magnificent and awe inspiring of the world’s natural wonders. This breathtaking location, with its thunderous roar and vast cataracts spilling across a nearly two-mile-wide expanse, is the centerpiece of the Iguazu National Park in Argentina, and a popular tourist destination for travelers from around the world.
For those looking for adventures in Argentina, the Iguazu Falls is the ideal place to start. There are numerous activities available to visitors, each with their own unique perspective of the falls. Thing to do here include:
- One of the most popular is taking an in-depth tour of both the Argentinean and Brazilian sides of the Iguazu. These tours usually start with a boat ride to Isla San Martin, an island located in the middle of the river, from where visitors can enjoy stunning views of the falls from both sides of the border. Visitors can also choose to take the train to the top of the falls, for an even more extraordinary perspective.
- Other activities available near the falls includes jungle trekking, horseback riding, and safari tours. Within the jungle, travelers can observe many of the region’s endangered species, including the curious two-toed sloth and the magnificent jaguar.
- For a break from the tourist activities, head to one of the many cultural attractions near the falls. The nearby towns of Puerto Iguazu, Puerto Esperanza, and Puerto Leon offer visitors a chance to experience the local culture, cuisine and traditional folk dance.
- The Iguazu Falls also offer a variety of water activities and sports, such as white-water rafting, kayaking, canoeing and swimming. The Devil’s Throat, the most impressive section of the falls, is a thrilling ride for those daring enough to try it.
- When night falls, visitors may choose to take a romantic dinner cruise down the Iguazu River. Gliding past the illuminated falls, visitors can witness the breathtaking sight of these 7 natural wonders as the sun sets. Finally, for a truly unique experience, visitors can opt for an evening aerial tour of the falls, to catch breathtaking views from above.
What are the Best Foods at Iguazu Falls Argentina?
Some of the best foods at Iguazu Falls Argentina are:
- Fried empanada – a crescent-shaped pastry filled with savory ingredients like beef, cheese, corn, and onions.
- Churrasco – a grilled steak served with chimichurri sauce, a popular Argentinian condiment.
- Chipa – a savoury bread made from cornmeal and cheese.
- Salad Mixta – a combination of fresh vegetables in olive oil and vinegar.
- Milanesa – breaded and fried meat, usually beef, served with fries and a salad.
- Yerba mate – the national beverage of Argentina, a herbal tea-like drink served cold or hot.
- Choripan – a grilled pork or beef sausage in a French baguette.
- Dorado – a whole fried fish served with salsa criolla made from tomatoes, onions, and red pepper.
- Dulce de leche – a sweet spread made of condensed milk and sugar, eaten on toast or on cakes.
- Alfajores – dulce de leche cookies with wafers and covered in dark chocolate.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Iguazu Falls Argentina?
The best hotels to stay in Iguazu Falls Argentina are:
- Panoramic Grand Hotel Iguazu
- Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa
- Loi Suites Iguazu
- Iguazu Grand Resort Spa & Casino
- La Aldea de la Selva
- Melia Iguazu Hotel & Convention Center
- Awasi Iguazú
- Alcondaz Hotel
- Hotel Imperador
- Pacuare Lodge
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
Perito Moreno Glacier is one of the most interesting places to visit in Argentina. Scroll down and click the button for more information.