Peninsula Valdes Argentina UNESCO World Heritage Site
Peninsula Valdes Argentina UNESCO World Heritage Site Summary
- Attraction: Peninsula Valdes
- Country: Argentina
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Buenos Aires
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Argentine Peso
- Nationality: Argentinian
Peninsula Valdes Argentina is a must-visit destination for its incredible wildlife and unique natural beauty. It boasts breathtaking areas such as its dramatic coastline, lush rainforest, rolling hills, and incredible wildlife. The reserve is home to southern right whales, marine mammals such as sea lions, elephant seals, and sea otters, and a rich array of bird species such as penguins, cormorants, and petrels. Whale calves can even be seen off the coastline in the winter months.
In addition to its stunning wildlife, Peninsula Valdes Argentina is a cultural center, offering delicious local cuisine, and a variety of activities, including guided tours, hiking, and other outdoor adventures.
Tell Us About Peninsula Valdes Argentina
Peninsula Valdes is an incredible nature sanctuary located in the province of Chubut, in Argentina. The site is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, with incredible wildlife and scenery that makes it one of the most amazing spots in the world. This attraction is located on the Atlantic Coast and is home to some of the world’s rarest species, including the endangered southern right whale, the southern elephant seal, Magellanic penguins, guanacos, rheas, and much more.
There are also a number of hiking trails and boat tours you can take to explore the peninsula, making it an excellent destination for nature lovers, wildlife watchers, and hikers.
What are the Things to do in Peninsula Valdes Argentina?
Peninsula Valdes is an Argentinian nature reserve located on the east side of the South American country. It is an important sanctuary for marine animals like penguins, sea lions, and sea elephants. It’s also known for its diverse scenery and variety of bird life. It is home to some of the largest colonies of Southern right whales.
As the only wildlife sanctuary in the region, Peninsula Valdes is the perfect destination for nature lovers. Here are some of the things to do in this beautiful destination:
- Take a boat tour: You can take a boat tour around Peninsula Valdes to get up close and personal with sea lions, dolphins and whales. You’ll also get to admire the beautiful scenery and spot a variety of bird species.
- Go diving or snorkeling: The waters around Peninsula Valdes are abundant with life and color. Diving or snorkeling here is an amazing experience that you’ll never forget.
- Visit the seal colonies: The east coast of Peninsula Valdes is home to a large seal colony. Seeing the adorable pups playing in the shallows is sure to be a highlight of your trip.
- Explore the rugged landscape: The landscape that surrounds Peninsula Valdes is rugged and dramatic, with steep cliffs and towering volcanoes. A great way to enjoy the scenery is to rent a 4×4 and explore the remote areas.
- Check out the penguins: A great place to observe penguins. The biggest colony is located near the small town of Magdalena Bay.
- Watch the birds: A home to an amazing variety of bird species. The best time to see them is during the spring and summer months when the migratory birds arrive.
- Go whale-watching: There is no better place in all of South America for whale-watching than Peninsula Valdes. whale-watching trips run from June to December and offer a glimpse into the lives of these enormous mammals.
What are the Best Foods at Peninsula Valdes Argentina?
Some of the best foods at Peninsula Valdes Argentina include seafood dishes featuring locally caught fish, mussels, and squid, as well as other traditional dishes like empanadas, locro (a spicy stew), and chivito (grilled beef with green onions, tomatoes and bacon). Visitors can also enjoy more adventurous fare such as wild boar, guanaco, and Patagonian lamb. Vegetarian options are also available.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Peninsula Valdes Argentina?
The best hotels in Peninsula Valdes Argentina are:
- Estancia Punta Josefina Luxury Boutique Hotel (Puerto Piramides)
- Los Cinco Acacias Eco Lodge & Spa (Gaiman)
- Estancia Faro Camarones (Puerto Piramides)
- Estancia El Vergel (Cholila)
- Punta Cantor Eco Lodge (Puerto Madryn)
- Hosteria Punta del Este Resort & Spa (Puerto Piramides)
- Puesto del Mar Hotel & Spa (Puerto Madryn)
- Estancia San Lorenzo (Cholila)
- Eco Lands Patagonia (Gaiman)
- Hotel del Sol (Rawson)
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
El Chalten is one of the most interesting places to visit in Argentina. Scroll down and click the button for more information.