Bocas del Toro Panama Stunning Rainforest Beaches
Bocas del Toro is an archipelago in Panama made up of over 50 islands, islets, and cays. It boasts stunning Caribbean waters, lush rainforest, white sand beaches, and a unique culture and cuisine. Visitors can explore the islands’ coral reefs, kayak through mangrove swamps, and hike to nearby waterfalls. Get ready for relaxation and adventure – Bocas awaits!
Bocas del Toro Panama Stunning Rainforest Beaches Summary
- Attraction Name: Bocas del Toro
- Country: Panama
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Panama City
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
- Nationality: Panamanian
Bocas del Toro Panama is a beautiful destination to explore, offering undeniable natural beauty and great outdoor activities. It is a haven for outdoor adventure seekers, with activities such as snorkeling, diving, kayaking, and swimming in crystal clear waters. There is an abundance of picturesque Caribbean beaches, while its spice plantations and national forests offer stunning scenery. Bocas del Toro Panama is also home to a great cultural scene, with lots of fun-filled activities and events throughout the year. With such a unique mix of natural beauty, culture and activities, there are many reasons to visit Bocas del Toro Panama.
Tell Us About Bocas del Toro Panama
Bocas del Toro is a Caribbean destination located in the Republic of Panama. It is situated on the north shore of the Caribbean Sea, next to the border with Costa Rica. The area is known for its picturesque beaches and exotic tropical rainforest. Bocas del Toro is a popular destination for surfing, fishing, diving and eco-tourism.
The main attractions in the area are Bocas Town, the main port town of the archipelago, Dolphin Bay, Starfish Beach, and Bastimentos Island, home to the currently inaccessible Red Frog Beach, as well as several nature reserves. Bocas del Toro boasts some of the most spectacular white sand beaches in the Caribbean, as well as some of the best marine life in the world, making it a great destination for all sorts of travelers.
What are the Things to do in Bocas del Toro Panama?
Bocas del Toro is an archipelago of islands in Panama that is perfect for nature lovers and those looking to relax. There is an abundance of things to do in this area, ensuring everyone will find something to enjoy.
For those into surfing, there are a variety of options. Bocas Town has a popular surf destination at Brasilito Beach. The clear warm waters make this a great spot to catch big waves year-round. Isla Carenero Beach is also a great spot for experienced surfers.
For those looking for an adrenaline rush, there are many options including kayaking or whitewater rafting down the Rio Changuinola. Horseback riding is also available on the islands for an enjoyable outdoor activity.
Those into snorkeling and diving will have plenty of opportunities to view the abundant sea life in the area. There are numerous snorkeling spots, including Boca del Drago and Dolphin Bay, where you can swim with the dolphins. You can also dive to view the stunning coral reef, or take part in whale watching expeditions.
If you want to explore the area, take a tour of Zapatilla Cay, which is part of the Bastimentos Island National Marine Park. Go birdwatching at Bluff Beach, where over 25 species of birds can be found. Visit the Isla Solarte and Isla Bastimentos villages to learn about the fascinating culture of the islands.
If you’re looking for a more relaxing experience, you can just lounge on the endless white sand beaches, take a leisurely boat ride around the islands, or join in a party-boating experience.
There is something for everyone in Bocas del Toro, making it the ideal destination for travelers looking for the perfect Caribbean escape.
What are the Best Foods at Bocas del Toro Panama?
Try the best foods at Bocas del Toro Panama such as:
- Traditional Caribbean dishes: Try the Mofongo, a mashed fried plantain dish with garlic, onion, and tomato, served with a choice of meat or fish.
- Fresh seafood: The area is known for its great seafood offerings like ceviche, pescado frito (fried fish), or shrimp served with coconut rice.
- Homemade Empanadas: Get a traditional corn-based pasty stuffed with cheese, plantain, or other fillings from the local vendors.
- Rondon: This is a traditional soup made with seafood, plantains, and yucca and perfect for a chilly evening.
- Fresh Fruit: Enjoy the fruit vendors in the streets and get some of the sweetest and juiciest fruit you’ve ever tasted.
- Chocolate Milkshakes: Try the Chocolate de Panamá, a traditional Panamanian milkshake made with milk, cocoa, and cinnamon.
- Fried Platanitos: Fried plantains served with cheese and sour cream, a popular snack perfect with a hot cup of coffee.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Bocas del Toro Panama?
The best hotels to stay in Bocas del Toro Panama are:
- Hotel Bocas del Toro
- Hotel Panamonte
- Soto’s Resort (Bastimentos)
- Blu Inn (Bastimentos)
- Iguana Lodge (Colon Island)
- Lost & Found (Crawl Cay)
- Barefoot Resort (Carenero)
- Casa Sol (Cara La Vista)
- Bluff Beach Retreat (Bluff Beach)
- Red Frog Beach Resort (Red Frog Beach)
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!