Empire State Building New York USA Tourist Attraction
The Empire State Building is one of the most recognizable symbols of New York City, standing at 443 meters tall. It is located in the heart of Manhattan, between 5th and 34th streets, and is constructed in the Art Deco design style. A visual icon of the United States, it is a popular tourist attraction beloved by locals and visitors alike.
Empire State Building New York USA Tourist Attraction Summary
- Attraction Name: Empire State Building New York
- Country: United States of America (USA)
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Washington, D.C.
- Language: English
- Currency: United States dollar
- Nationality: U.S. citizen
The Empire State Building is one of the most iconic landmarks in all of the United States and as such is a popular tourist destination for people from all over the world. Its recognizable architecture and historical significance make it a must-see when visiting the Big Apple. Its observation deck offers unparalleled 360-degree views of the city skyline and Hudson River, a truly beautiful and once-in-a-lifetime experience. Additionally, its gorgeous Art Deco lobby has become an iconic piece of American history and is an exciting spot to explore and take photos.
Tell Us About Empire State Building New York USA
The Empire State Building is a 102-story iconic Art Deco skyscraper in Midtown Manhattan, New York City. It was designed by Shreve, Lamb & Harmon and built from 1930 to 1931. At the time of its completion, it was the tallest building in the world, standing at 1,454 feet tall. It is currently the fourth-tallest building in the United States and the 23rd-tallest in the world. It is an American cultural icon and is one of the most recognizable structures in the world.
The Empire State Building has a terraced and decorated crown and is lit in various colors during New York City’s holidays and special occasions. The observation deck is located on the 86th floor and offers 360-degree views of the New York City skyline and beyond. It is a popular tourist attraction with over 4 million visitors per year.
What are the Things to do in Empire State Building New York USA?
One of the most iconic landmarks in the world, the Empire State Building in New York City, is a must-see attraction when visiting the Big Apple. There are numerous things to do there, whether you want to take in the views from the observation deck, explore the art deco lobby, or learn more about the building at the museum. Here is a list of activities to take advantage of at the Empire State Building.
- Observation Deck: The two observation decks are the main attraction to the Empire State Building. The main observation deck is located at the 86th floor, which provides stunning views of up to five states, including New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts. The second observation deck, or the Top Deck, can be found at the 102nd floor and provides an even more spectacular view.
- Museum: There is a museum that provides such a vast array of art deco exhibits and interactive displays about the history of the Empire State Building and the surrounding city.
- Height Marker: The Empire State Building height marker is located outside the building and visitors can head up to the 86th floor to stand at the exact point where the original height of the building is marked in the sidewalk.
- SkyRide: A fun interactive attraction located inside the Empire State Building is the SkyRide, an ride that lets visitors experience the city from a virtual airplane ride.
- Audio Tours: Audio tours are available at the Empire State Building, which provide interesting information about the building and the surrounding area.
- On display artwork: The Empire State Building is also well known for having artwork on display in its lobby. Much of this artwork is inspired by the building’s structure, including a mural by Allie Townsend that features the observatory and the surrounding skyline.
- Sunrise and sunset viewings: You can witness breathtaking views of the sun rising and setting from the observatory. Perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Special events: From time to time the Empire State Building will host special events, such as fireworks displays and theater performances.
Exploring the Empire State Building in New York City is an unforgettable experience, as it has so many things to offer. Whether you are an art lover, a history buff, a thrill seeker, or just looking for beautiful views of one of the great cities of the world, the Empire State Building is the perfect place to explore.
What are the Best Foods at Empire State Building New York USA?
The best foods at Empire State Building New York USA are:
- Burger Joint: This gourmet burger joint serves classic burgers, fries, and shakes, as well as specialty sandwiches like the Georgia Chopped BBQ Sandwich.
- Big Daddy’s Old-Fashioned Hotdogs: Get a little taste of New York City with one of Big Daddy’s old-fashioned hotdogs. This stand serves some of the best frankfurters around.
- Käthe Wohlfahrt: This German-inspired eatery on the 86th floor serves up some of the best German bratwursts and sausages.
- Junior’s Cheesecake: Creamy and delicious, this classic New York cheesecake comes in several varieties, including raspberry swirl and strawberry shortcake.
- Café USA: This all-American coffee shop has everything you need, from coffee and donuts to sandwiches and salads.
- Heartland Brewery Midtown: Enjoy an extensive menu of burgers, pizzas, salads, and sandwiches while sipping on some of the city’s best craft beers.
- International Cuisine: When looking for an international flavor, this restaurant has you covered with cuisines ranging from Italian and Thai to Latin American.
- Applebee’s: Head over to Applebee’s for a more traditional meal of apps, entrees, and desserts. There’s something sure to satisfy everyone in your party.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Empire State Building New York USA?
The best hotels in Empire State Building New York USA are:
- YOTEL New York City
- Park Central Hotel New York
- The Gotham Hotel
- Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel
- Royalton Park Avenue
- Arlo Nomad
- The William Hotel
- The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel
- The Maxwell New York City
- LEEDS Certified Hampton Inn Manhattan/Times Square Central
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!