Malaysia Best Asia Countries to Visit
Malaysia is an exciting Southeast Asian country filled with beautiful beaches, jungles, mountains, and colorful diversity. From one end to the other, there are stunning landmarks to explore, diverse cultures to experience, and tasty food to indulge in. Regardless of what kind of traveler you may be, this tropical country has something to offer.
Malaysia Best Asia Countries to Visit Summary
- Country: Malaysia
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Kuala Lumpur
- Language: Bahasa Melayu (Official), English, Mandarin, Tamil
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Nationality: Malaysian
A brief description of Malaysia
Malaysia is a Southeast Asian country located in the Malay Archipelago. It is a federal constitutional monarchy with a parliamentary system of government. The country is composed of thirteen states and three federal territories and its economy is mainly based on services, manufacturing and agriculture. This country is renowned for its cultural diversity, having Malay, Chinese, Indian, and indigenous cultures all coexisting, and the country is home to the world’s oldest tropical rainforest, the Malaysian rainforest. It is also known for its fabulous cuisine and rich cultural heritage.
What are the Things to do in Malaysia?
Things to do in Malaysia are:
- Visit Kuala Lumpur: Kuala Lumpur is the capital of Malaysia, offering visitors a perfect mix of historic heritage and modern day attractions. The most popular tourist attractions include the Petronas Twin Towers, Islamic Arts Museum, Bukit Bintang, and Aquaria.
- Explore Penang: Penang, also known as the Pearl of the Orient, is an island off the western coast of Malaysia. With its vibrant street art, delicious cuisine, and cultural heritage, Penang makes for a great holiday destination. A great place to explore includes the UNESCO World Heritage Site, George Town.
- Discover the Perhentian Islands: The Perhentian Islands consist of two islands which offer stunning beaches with some amazing activities like scuba diving, snorkeling, and more. The best and most popular beaches on the islands including Long Beach, Coral Bay, and Turtle Beach.
- Visit the Cameron Highlands: The Cameron Highlands is a hill station situated in the centre of the country, surrounded by lush green tea plantations. Whether you’re looking for a break from the city life or fancy a little hiking and exploration, the Cameron Highlands is the perfect place for it.
- Pay Taman Negara a visit: Spanning across three states, Taman Negara is the oldest rainforest in the world and one of the most beautiful national parks in Asia. It offers exciting activities from trekking to camping, and is a great spot for animal lovers.
- Go to Kota Kinabalu: Located on the western coast of Sabah, Kota Kinabalu is the gateway to Borneo and offers great views of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in Malaysia. The city offers gorgeous beaches, beautiful sunsets, and numerous islands and marine parks.
- Nature Lovers should visit Langkawi: Langkawi is a beautiful Malaysian paradise with amazing landscapes, including ancient forests, limestone hills, white sand beaches, and crystal clear waters. Enjoy a number of activities such as trekking, diving, and cable car rides.
- Do some shopping in Melaka: Melaka, on the west coast of Malaysia, is known for its fantastic shopping. Shoppers can find everything from souvenirs to designer clothes here. Tourists also don’t want to miss the delightful river cruise and the historic sites of Melaka.
What are the Best Foods in Malaysia?
Malaysian cuisine is amongst the most diverse in the world and features some mouth-watering dishes. Some of the best foods in Malaysia include:
- Nasi Lemak, a rice dish cooked with coconut milk and served with both fried anchovies, boiled eggs, and spicy sambal.
- Char Kuey Teow, a dish of flat noodles, eggs, and prawns.
- Satay, barbecued skewers of chicken, beef, or lamb; Roti Canai, a type of Indian flatbread.
- Laksa, a spicy noodle soup.
- Mee Goreng, fried noodles with vegetables, tofu, spices and other ingredients.
- Rendang, a complex beef dish cooked with aromatics, coconut milk, and spices.
- Ais Kacang, a very popular dessert of shaved ice served with sweetsyrups and toppings like peanut, jelly, and red bean.
- Asam Pedas, a spicy, sour fish stew.
- Nasi Kerabu, a savory Blue Rice dish, cooked with herbs and spices.
- Cendol, a desert of coconut milk, fresh mango, and pandan jelly.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Malaysia?
Have a pleasant day when visiting Malaysia. Stay with the best hotels (as a reference):
- The Kuala Lumpur Shangri-La Hotel is one of the best hotels in Malaysia offering unparalleled luxury and service. It is renowned for its beautiful views and fine-dining experience. This hotel has a great spa, well-equipped gym and an infinity pool which is one of the most beautiful spots in Kuala Lumpur.
- Located in the exclusive neighborhood of Bukit Bintang in Kuala Lumpur, the St. Regis is another five-star hotel known for its incredible hospitality and opulent amenities. The rooms are spacious and luxurious, and the restaurants offer excellent cuisine.
- The Majestic Hotel in Malacca has a long history and is renowned for its Colonial-style design. With its beautiful outdoor garden, swimming pool and world-class spa, this hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- The Grand Hyatt Hotel in Kuala Lumpur offers the perfect combination of comfort, service and style. Its lavish furnishings and wide range of facilities make this hotel a popular choice with many visitors.
- The Equatorial Hotel is another five-star hotel offering remarkable views of the Petronas Towers. The rooms are modern and well-equipped, while the restaurants are renowned for their international cuisine. Additionally, guests can use the swimming pool, fitness centre and take part in various activities.
As a conclusion, the best hotel in Malaysia are:
- The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
- Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- Gili Lankanfushi Maldives
- Hotel Maya, Kuala Lumpur
- The Andaman, a Luxury Collection Resort, Langkawi
- The Datai Langkawi
- Four Seasons Resort Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
- Traders Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
Best Attractions in Malaysia
Please click the picture below for more information about the best attractions in Malaysia.
No posts found!
The best cities that you must visit in Malaysia are Kuala Lumpur, George Town, Penang, Malacca, Langkawi, Kota Kinabalu, Kuching, Ipoh, Petaling Jaya, Cameron Highlands and Taman Negara National Park.
The best attractions in Malaysia you must visit are:
- Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur
- Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Cameron Highlands
- Taman Negara National Park
- Kinabalu Park
- Gunung Mulu National Park
- Langkawi Island
- Bako National Park
The best destinations you must visit in Malaysia are Langkawi, Cameron Highlands, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Taman Negara National Park, Georgetown, Genting Highlands, Kota Kinabalu, Tioman Island and Malacca City.