Penang Malaysia Beaches Rainforest Night Life
Penang is an island located in the Malacca Straits off the western coast of Malaysia. It is a multicultural melting pot of Chinese, Malaysian, Indian and European cultures, with a scenic landscape of beaches, rainforest and quality of life. Penang is known for its vibrant street life, delicious hawker food, beautiful temples, colonial architecture and its vibrant night life.
Penang Malaysia Beaches Rainforest Night Life Summary
- Attraction Name: Penang
- Country: Malaysia
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Kuala Lumpur
- Language: Bahasa Melayu (Official), English, Mandarin, Tamil
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR)
- Nationality: Malaysian
Penang Malaysia is a must-visit destination, with its modern and bustling city combined with centuries-old heritage. This beautiful island offers a wide range of attractions and activities that appeal to all types of travelers. From stunning beaches to delectable food, there are an abundance of reasons to visit this place.
Explore the historic George Town, the island’s olden Chinese, Malay and Indian quarters, and discover why the city was named a UNESCO World Heritage Site, sunbathe on the beaches, take a walk along the illuminated boardwalk overlooking the Straits of Malacca, and enjoy the vibrant street markets. Try some delectable local dishes and explore the rainforest for abundant wildlife.
Tell us about Penang Malaysia
Penang is a popular tourist destination in Malaysia located on the northwest coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It is known for its rich culture, diverse cuisines, beaches, and unique architecture, which have earned it the title of the ‘Pearl of the Orient.’ This place offers plenty of open-air markets and shopping opportunities, as well as heritage sites and a variety of attractions. It offers beautiful beaches, lush tropical rainforest, a wide range of cuisines, diverse cultures and a laid-back atmosphere.
People come here to experience its famous cuisine, enjoy some of the best shopping spots around, explore the island’s beautiful natural sights, or just kick back and relax. Every year thousands of tourists come to enjoy the mix of Malaysian culture, history, and natural beauty.
What are the things to do in Penang Malaysia?
Things to do in Penang Malaysia are:
- Visit the Clan Jetties: The iconic Clan Jetties of Penang are one of the attractions in the city. These are a collection of 10 stilt houses built over the water, each belonging to a different Chinese clan. Visitors can get an immersive experience by boating to the different jetties and exploring the lifestyles of the Chinese families who live there.
- Enjoy the Street Art: Penang’s street art scene is world-renowned and has been thriving since 2010. Starting at Little India, tourists can visit the art district of Armenian Street and Georgetown, which is full of vibrant murals and street art.
- Head to the Markets: Penang is famous for its markets and street food. Visitors can find everything from delicious snacks to vintage clothing, colorful art and traditional Malaysian souvenirs from the various markets around the city.
- Explore Penang Hill: One of the top tourist attractions here is Penang Hill. Those who are looking for a more adventurous experience can take a two and a half hour climb up the hill, enjoy spectacular views and explore the jungle trails.
- Try some Street Food: Also well-known for its street food. From the popular Char Kuey Teow (fried noodles) and curry noodles to the spicy Laksa (noodles in curry soup), the variety of street food is sure to tantalize even the most discerning taste buds.
- Visit the Beaches: A trip wouldn’t be complete without visiting one of its spectacular beaches. Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi and Monkey Beach are some of the most popular and beautiful beaches in Penang.
- Experience the Temples: Penang also boasts some beautiful and significant temples. The most important ones are the Kek Lok Si Temple, the Dharmikarama Burmese Temple and the Snake Temple.
- Learn about History: For visitors who are interested in history and culture, this place has lots to offer. A visit to the Penang Museum, Fort Cornwallis and Khoo Kongsi is highly recommended.
- Head Out on a Dolphin Watching Tour: This place is home to wild dolphins, and a dolphin-watching tour is sure to be a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Take a Heritage Walk: The Georgetown Heritage Walk is a fascinating and informative way to learn more about this place’s history and culture. This walk takes visitors through some of the most historic and interesting parts of the city.
What are the best foods at Penang Malaysia?
The best foods at Penang Malaysia are:
- Char Koay Teow
- Assam Laksa
- Nasi Kandar
- Prawn Mee
- Roti Canai Telur Goyang
- Apom Balik
- Hokkien Mee
- Yam Kuih
- Mee Rebus Mamak
- Fried Noodle Mamak Style
What are the best hotels to stay in Penang Malaysia?
The best hotels to stay in Penang are:
- Hard Rock Hotel
- Lone Pine Hotel
- Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Macalister Mansion
- G Hotel Kelawai
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Spa
- PARKROYAL Penang Resort
- Sea Pearl Hotel
- Evergreen Laurel Hotel
What is the next tourist destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!