Margarita Island Venezuela Perfect Vacation Spot
Margarita Island is a beautiful tropical paradise in the Caribbean Sea. Its white-sand beaches, turquoise waters, and lush, green landscapes are the perfect backdrop to all of the fun activities available here, including swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, and much more. With a variety of restaurants, bars, and nightlife, it’s the perfect vacation spot. With a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere, you won’t want to leave.
Margarita Island Venezuela Perfect Vacation Spot Summary
- Attraction: Margarita Island
- Country: Venezuela
- Continent: South America
- Capital Name: Caracas
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Venezuelan Bolívares VEF
- Nationality: Venezuelan
Margarita Island is a beautiful paradise off the coast of Venezuela. Its pristine beaches, lush tropical flora, and vibrant culture make it an ideal destination for those looking for a relaxing and unique vacation. Visitors to Margarita Island can enjoy its white-sand beaches, go snorkeling and scuba diving, take a guided tour of its historical sites, and explore it’s amazing wildlife. This island is also a great place to shop for local arts and crafts, and its many restaurants serve delicious seafood and traditional cuisine. It truly is an island paradise with something for everyone to enjoy.
Tell Us About Margarita Island Venezuela
Margarita Island is an idyllic island paradise located off the Caribbean coast of Venezuela. The island is renowned for its stunning beaches, coral reefs, and lush green landscapes. It is also known for its vibrant nightlife, diverse cultural heritage, and excellent cuisine. Whether you are looking for a spot to relax and unwind, adventure in the outdoors, or experience authentic Venezuelan cultural experiences, there is something for everyone on Margarita Island.
What are the Things to do in Margarita Island Venezuela?
Margarita Island offers a huge variety of activities for visitors to enjoy, from relaxing on its world-class beaches to exploring its lush jungles and rich cultural heritage. Here are some of the top things to do in Margarita Island, Venezuela:
- Beach hopping: Margarita Island has some of the most stunning beaches in the Caribbean. From the iconic Playa El Agua to the hidden Las Duelas beach, there is something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a secluded spot to relax at or want to bring the whole family, this paradisiacal island has an abundance of beaches to choose from.
- View the island’s history: Exploring Fortin de laGalera is a great way to experience a part of Margarita Island’s past. Built by the Spanish in the 18th century, this star-shaped fort offers breathtaking views of both the ocean and the vast city of Porlamar.
- Shopping: Whether it’s souvenirs or fresh food, Margarita Island is known for its vibrant markets. Shop for jewelry, artwork and traditional crafts from local artisans at the Street Arts Market in Porlamar or get some delicious street food from the kiosks at La Hacienda in La Quebradas.
- Diving and snorkeling: With its clear blue waters and breathtaking coral reefs, Margarita Island is a perfect destination for those who love to spend time in the sea. Enjoy a night swim and admire the amazing tropical corals, explore the cays of Archipiélago de Los Roques and discover numerous species of fish.
- Outdoor activities: Margarita Island is a paradise for those who love to enjoy the outdoors. Go hiking through the jungle, ride ATVs and explore the island’s many trails and caverns, go horseback riding along the beach or take a boat ride to some of the nearby uninhabited islands.
What are the Best Foods at Margarita Island Venezuela?
The best foods at Margarita Island Venezuela are:
- Arepas: A classic Venezuelan dish, an arepa is a flatbread made from either maize meal or wheat. It is usually stuffed with cheese, meats, or seafood and served with garlicky sauce.
- Cachitos: Traditional lunchtime snack-type pastry made with cooked ham, cheese, olives and capers, wrapped up in dough and deep-fried.
- Pabellon Criollo: A traditional Venezuelan dish consisting of shredded beef, rice, black beans, and fried plantains.
- Hallaca: Traditional dish of the Christmas season made with cornmeal or flour dough, filled with meats, vegetables, and raisins, then wrapped in banana leaves and boiled.
- Empanada: Fried or baked dough filled with cheese, meat, or vegetables.
- Fish Soup: Fish stock is simmered with vegetables, herbs, and spices, and then served with shrimp and white fish.
- Merenguitos: Sweet, crunchy cookie made with egg whites and lightly dusted with cinnamon and sugar.
- Tequeños: Fried cheese pastries filled with white cheese and served with guacamole and a spicy sauce.
- Yucca Fritters: Fried cassava balls filled with cheese and served with garlic sauce.
- Bollo de Pescado: Fried plantain stuffed with white fish and served with garlic sauce.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in Margarita Island Venezuela?
The best hotels in Margarita Island Venezuela are:
- La Samanna Beach Resort & Spa
- JW Marriott Hotel Margarita Island
- Pestana Bahia Mar Beach & Spa Resort
- Posada Casablanca Hotel
- Viva Wyndham Tangerine Beach Resort
- Posada Karina
- Costa Linda Beach Resort
- Posada Luna del Sur
- La Hacienda
- La Casa de Pancho y Lala Boutique Hotel
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!