Mole National Park Ghana Largest Wildlife Sanctuary
Mole National Park is Ghana’s largest wildlife sanctuary and a haven for wildlife viewing! Located in the Savannah region of northern Ghana, the park is home to a variety of wildlife including elephants, buffaloes, hartebeests, and many others. As one of the few parks in Africa where visitors can view animals in their natural habitat, this is an amazing adventure experience!
Mole National Park Ghana Largest Wildlife Sanctuary Summary
- Attraction Name: Mole National Park
- Country: Ghana
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Accra
- Language: English
- Currency: Ghanaian Cedi
- Nationality: Ghanaian
Mole National Park Ghana is one of the most unique and beautiful parks in the world. It is a true African wilderness experience, with vast savannahs, open plains, and beautiful forests. The park is home to a variety of wildlife such as elephants, buffaloes, lions, antelope and birds.
Visitors of Mole National Park can enjoy safari-style game drives, safari walks, and hikes, as well as camping and camping safaris. This park is an excellent chance to see and experience true African wildlife in its natural habitat.
Tell us about Mole National Park Ghana
Mole National Park is located in the Northern Region of Ghana, near the border of Burkina Faso. It is the largest national park in Ghana and was established in 1958 to protect a variety of plant and animal species, including elephants. It is home to numerous mammals including buffalo, western hartebeest, roan antelopes and well as crocodiles, hippopotamuses and many bird and reptile species.
The park also features lush African savannahs and grasslands, and many nature trails for visitors to explore. Due to its unique ecosystem, Mole National Park is a popular destination for eco-tourism.
What are the things to do in Mole National Park Ghana?
Mole National Park, located in north-western Ghana, is one of the country’s most popular tourist attractions. Stretching across 4,577.7 km², Mole offers a variety of activities, from observing the region’s rich biodiversity to taking part in incredibly scenic hikes. Here are some of the highlights:
- Wildlife viewing: Mole Park is a haven for wildlife lovers. Visitors can spot elephants, antelopes, buffalo, warthogs, various monkey species and reptiles, as well as a wide variety of birds. The park also offers guided wildlife safaris, giving visitors an up close and personal view of some of the most majestic animals in Africa.
- Hiking: The trails offer great opportunities for both long and short walks, with plenty of breathtaking views of savannahs and wetlands. There are three main trails (Akosombo, Bontanga and Tanga), each providing its own unique experience.
- Game drives: Mole National Park offers game drives, a great way to get a better understanding of the park’s diverse wildlife. These drives usually last about four hours.
- Camping: The park has well-equipped and comfortable campsites, where visitors can spend the night in quiet tranquility.
- Bird watching: This national park is the nesting ground for many migratory and local birds, offering a great chance to witness flocks of colorful species.
- Rock climbing: Mole National Park offers great opportunities for beginner to expert climbers, with its impressive rock formations.
- Canoeing: There are several canoeing tours on offer, allowing visitors to float down the Mole River and observe the wildlife it provides a habitat for.
- Wildlife Safari: Explore Mole National Park’s diverse wildlife in a game drive along the park’s main roads. Visitors have the chance of seeing elephants, monkeys, antelope, and numerous bird species.
- Guided Nature Walks: Learn about the fascinating flora and fauna from a trained guide.Boat Trips: Take a leisurely boat ride along the river to explore the park’s beautiful scenery.
- Zoo: Visit a small zoo to encounter native wildlife such as crocodiles, hippos, and monkeys.
Mole National Park is a wonderful place to explore and experience the natural landscape of Ghana, enjoy the much-needed sense of solitude, and learn about the diverse biodiversity this region has to offer. Whether you’re a wildlife enthusiast, a hiker, or just looking to have a great time in nature, this national park is the perfect destination for your next wildlife adventure.
What are the best foods at Mole National Park Ghana?
The best foods at Mole National Park are:
- Kintampo Red Backed Monkey
- Oak-smoked Catfish
- Mango Smoothie Bowl
- Kebab of Grilled Chicken and Peppers
- Coconut Rice
- Egusi Soup
- Jollof Rice
- Banku and Tilapia
- Bofrot (Fried Dough Balls)
What are the best hotels to stay in Mole National Park Ghana?
The best hotels to stay in Mole National Park are:
- The Movenpick Hotel
- WaraWara Luxury Eco Lodge & Spa
- Mole Motel
- Hotel Baobodwe
- Afro Siote Guesthouse
- Mole National Park Lodge
- Savannah Hostel
- Olney Safari Camp
What is the next tourist destination after you visit Mole National Park Ghana Largest Wildlife Sanctuary?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!
The best attractions in Ghana you must visit are:
- Wli Waterfalls
- Kakum National Park
- Cape Coast Castle
- Busua Beach
- Shai Hills Resource Reserve
- Elmina Castle
- Lake Bosomtwe
- Nzulezo stilt village
- Larabanga Mosque