Sentosa Island Singapore Iconic Destination
Sentosa Island Singapore is an iconic destination known for its beaches, attractions, nature reserves and award-winning resort hotels. With man-made attractions such as Universal Studios Singapore™, the Adventure Cove Waterpark™, the S.E.A. Aquarium™ and the Singapore Cable Car Experience™, the vibrant atmosphere of the resort island makes it a perfect holiday destination for all ages.
Sentosa Island Singapore Iconic Destination Summary
- Attraction Name: Sentosa Island
- Country: Singapore
- Continent: Asia
- Capital Name: Singapore
- Language: Malay, English, Tamil, Mandarin
- Currency: Singapore Dollar
- Nationality: Singaporean
Sentosa Island Singapore is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country and home to some of the best attractions such as Universal Studios, Adventure Cove Water Park, and the world-renowned golf club at Sentosa. From relaxing spas and colorful souks to thrilling activities, Sentosa Island has it all. With its natural beauty, world-class attractions, and myriad of activities, Sentosa Island Singapore should definitely be high on your must-visit list when planning your next holiday in Singapore.
Tell us about Sentosa Island Singapore
Sentosa Island, also called The State of Fun, is a resort island located off the southern coast of Singapore, one of the world’s most vibrant metropolises. Sentosa is a much-loved destination for locals, expats and tourists alike who flock to the island for its beaches, attractions and activities, making it the most visited leisure destination in Singapore. Located on the island is the world-famous Universal Studios Singapore theme park and the collection of themed attractions known as Adventure Cove.
Additionally, there are a number of Sentosa’s own attractions such as the Singapore Cable Car, Waves and the world’s largest sheltered luge & Skyride. The island also offers a variety of recreational activities such as swimming, paddle boarding, jet skiing and fishing. Those seeking leisure can relax at one of the many resorts and continue to explore the surrounding plantations, nature reserves and covered beaches.
What are the things to do in Sentosa Island Singapore?
Sentosa Island is one of the premier tourist attractions and destinations in Singapore. Located to the south of the mainland, this small island is a center for world-class entertainment and an array of wonderful leisure activities. From theme parks to beautiful beaches, here are some of the things to do in Sentosa Island.
- Universal Studios Singapore: Universal Studios Singapore is Asia’s first Hollywood movie theme park. Located in Sentosa, this theme park features 28 exciting rides and attractions, restaurants, shops and shows. From roller coasters to immersive movie-themed rides, this theme park is a treat for the entire family.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark: Adventure Cove Waterpark is an aquatic themed park situated on Sentosa Island. It features numerous attractions, including thrilling water slides, river adventures and wave pools. Besides that, its central Rainbow Reef area is home to over 20,000 friendly sea animals and is a must visit for any avid snorkeler.
- Wings of Time Show: The Wings of Time show is a spectacular display of laser show and pyrotechnics set against the backdrop of the beautiful sea. Made up of a series of beautiful fountains and multi-faceted sculptures, this open-air spectacle is one of the longest running evening shows in Singapore.
- Palawan Beach: Palawan Beach is a white-sand beach on Sentosa Island. This beach is a great escape from Singapore’s hustle and bustle. Lined with coconut trees and hammocks, Palawan Beach is a great spot for sunbathing, swimming, and other leisure activities.
- Tiger Sky Tower: Standing at 131 metres, the Tiger Sky Tower is the tallest observatory tower in Southeast Asia. From its observation deck, guests can enjoy panoramic views of Sentosa Island, the Southern Islands and the coastal cityscape of Singapore.
- iFly Singapore: Experienced skydivers and first-timers can enjoy the exhilarating thrill of indoor skydiving in the comfort of iFly Singapore. This indoor skydiving facility is the world’s first indoor wind tunnel and has a safe yet adventurous environment for everyone to learn and practice the basics of skydiving.
- S.E.A Aquarium: The S.E.A Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the world. Boasting a total capacity of 45 million litres of water, this aquarium is home to over 800 species of marine life. Guests can explore the mesmerizing wonders of the ocean in 10 different zones, such as the Open Ocean, Shark Seas and the Ray Lagoon.
Whether you are looking for thrilling rides and activities, or stunning views and beautiful beaches, Sentosa Island has something for everyone. Whether it’s a family day out or a romantic outing, you will be spoilt for choice with all the fun activities to do on this island.
What are the best foods at Sentosa Island Singapore?
The best foods at Sentosa Island Singapore include:
- Dining at Hard Rock Cafe Singapore – Choose from over two dozen classic American fare dishes to enjoy in the vibrant atmosphere at Hard Rock Cafe Singapore, located in the Waterfront of Sentosa Island.
- Makan Shack – Enjoy traditional Singaporean and Malay dishes at this relaxed eatery in Palawan Beach.
- Sabio Tapas Bar – Get your Spanish food fix at this trendy tapas bar and restaurant on Siloso Beach.
- Hei Sushi – Sample a selection of Japanese-fusion dishes at this chic eatery in iconic Universal Studios Singapore.
- Coastes – Serving up beach-side eats right on the shore of Tanjong Beach, Coastes is the perfect spot for a relaxed meal with a stunning ocean backdrop.
What are the best hotels to stay in Sentosa Island Singapore?
The best hotels to stay in Sentosa Island Singapore are:
- Capella Singapore
- Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
- The Barracks Hotel Sentosa
- Hard Rock Hotel® Singapore
- Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa
- The Outpost Hotel
- W Singapore – Sentosa Cove
- Siloso Beach Resort Sentosa
- Festive Hotel
- The Sentosa Resort & Spa
What is the next tourist destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!