Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom
Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom Summary
- Attraction: Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: London
- Language: English, Irish, Scots, Welsh, Scotties Gaelic, Cornish
This is one of the most iconic and historically significant landmarks in the United Kingdom. It is situated atop an extinct volcano, and its walls have seen many of the defining moments in Scottish history. Visitors can explore the castle grounds and the many historic buildings within, including the Royal Palace, the Crown Jewels, and St Margaret’s Chapel. The castle also provides spectacular views of the city, and visitors can take part in reenactments and special events, such as the firing of the famous “One o’Clock Gun”. Edinburgh Castle is an essential visit for anyone looking to experience the history and culture of Scotland.
Tell Us About Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom
Edinburgh Castle is a historic fortress which dominates the skyline of Edinburgh, the capital city of Scotland. It is located at the end of the Royal Mile and was built in the 12th century. Since then, it has been a royal residence, a prison, and a military base. It is a popular tourist attraction and is Scotland’s most visited paid attraction, with over 2 million visitors per year.
The castle consists of a variety of buildings, including the Great Hall, St. Margaret’s Chapel, the Half Moon Battery, and the National War Museum. The castle offers a number of attractions, including the One O’Clock Gun, the Royal Palace, and the Crown Jewels. The castle also provides a spectacular view of the city, as well as being a great venue for events such as concerts, festivals, and weddings.
What Things to do in Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom?
Things you can do in Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom:
- Visit the Royal Palace of Edinburgh Castle.
- Explore the Great Hall and St. Margaret’s Chapel.
- Discover the Stone of Destiny.
- Take a guided tour of the castle.
- Take in the sweeping views from the top of the castle.
- See the One o’clock Gun firing.
- Visit the National War Museum.
- Explore the Scottish National War Memorial.
- Enjoy the changing of the guard ceremony.
- Take in the annual Military Tattoo.
What are Best Foods at Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom?
Some of the best foods at Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom:
- Traditional Haggis with Neeps & Tatties
- Scottish Shortbread
- Scotch Egg
- Cullen Skink
- Venison Burger
- Scottish Smoked Salmon
- Clootie Dumpling
- Raspberry Cranachan
- Scottish Tablet
What are Best Hotels to Stay in Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom?
The best hotels to stay in Edinburgh Castle United Kingdom:
- The Witchery by the Castle
- The Glasshouse
- The Principal Edinburgh George Street
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh – The Caledonian
- The Oxford Inn
- Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel
- The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
- The Scotsman Hotel
- The Dunstane Houses
- The Balmoral Hotel
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
Our next destination is to visit Giant’s Causeway in United Kingdom. Scroll down and click the button for more information.