Windsor Castle United Kingdom
Windsor Castle United Kingdom Summary
- Attraction: Windsor Castle United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: London
- Language: English, Irish, Scots, Welsh, Scotties Gaelic, Cornish
Windsor Castle United Kingdom is one of the most iconic landmarks in the world and is a must-visit for any traveler. It is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world and has been inhabited by the British Royal Family for over 900 years. It is the home to the Queen of England and is the setting for many royal events such as the annual Trooping of the Colour and the Changing of the Guard. Visitors can explore the castle’s stunning grounds, admire the architecture, and take in the rich history of the royal family.
Tell Us About Windsor Castle United Kingdom
It is a royal residence located in Windsor, Berkshire, England. It is the oldest and largest inhabited castle in the world and has been the family home of British kings and queens for over 900 years. It is home to Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh. The castle has been a popular tourist attraction for centuries, with visitors able to explore its State Apartments, St George’s Chapel, and the gardens and grounds. This castle is a World Heritage Site and is a symbol of the British monarchy and government.
What Things to do in Windsor Castle United Kingdom?
Things you can do in Windsor Castle United Kingdom:
- Take a Tour of the Castle: Take a guided tour of the castle to learn about its history, architecture and design and view the grand State Apartments and St. George’s Chapel.
- Explore the Beautiful Gardens: Take a stroll around the beautiful gardens and grounds at Windsor Castle, including the Long Walk, the Edward III Garden and the Rose Garden.
- Visit the Queen’s Dolls’ House: Step into the world of a royal dollhouse at the Queen’s Dolls’ House, located within the castle grounds.
- Attend a Changing of the Guard: Enjoy the spectacle of the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Windsor Castle, with the Queen’s Guard exchanging duty with the Grenadier Guards.
- Enjoy a Picnic in the Park: Enjoy a picnic in the park surrounding the castle, including the Home Park and the Great Park.
- Visit the Royal Library: Visit the Royal Library at Windsor Castle to view the collection of rare books and manuscripts.
- Take a Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride: Take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the castle grounds and along the Long Walk.
- Attend a Special Event: Attend a special event such as the annual Military Tattoo or the Changing of the Guard Ceremony.
- Visit the Royal Gift Shop: Visit the Royal Gift Shop to purchase souvenirs and memorabilia.
- Take a Boat Trip on the Thames: Take a boat trip on the River Thames to view the castle from the water.
What are Best Foods at Windsor Castle United Kingdom?
Some of the best foods at Windsor Castle United Kingdom:
- Afternoon Tea: Windsor Castle is renowned for its afternoon tea, with a selection of finger sandwiches, homemade scones, clotted cream, and a variety of pastries.
- Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding: A classic British dish, this hearty meal is a favorite among Windsor Castle visitors.
- Shepherd’s Pie: This savory dish is made with ground beef, carrots, peas, and potatoes, and is topped with creamy mashed potatoes.
- Fish and Chips: The traditional British dish of fried fish and chips is a popular option at Windsor Castle.
- Eton Mess: This quintessential English dessert consists of crushed meringue, mixed with cream and strawberries.
What are Best Hotels to Stay in Windsor Castle United Kingdom?
The best hotels to stay in Windsor Castle United Kingdom:
- The Oakley Court Hotel
- The Runnymede Hotel & Spa
- The Savill Court Hotel & Spa
- Macdonald Berystede Hotel & Spa
- The Royal Adelaide Hotel
- The Christopher Hotel
- The George Hotel
- The Castle Hotel Windsor
- The Grosvenor Hotel
- The Harte & Garter Hotel & Spa
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
The next tourist attraction you must visit in the United Kingdom is The Cotswolds. Scroll down and click the button for more information.