La Bufadora Mexico Marine Geyser Baja California
La Bufadora is a natural sea geyser in Mexico and is one of the top tourist destinations. Placed in Baja California, the natural landmark offers spectacular views and an unforgettable experience. It produces loud booms and sprays of sea water, making visitors feel as if they are observing a natural spectacle unlike any other.
La Bufadora Mexico Marine Geyser Baja California Summary
- Attraction Name: La Bufadora Mexico
- Country: Mexico
- Continent: North America
- Capital Name: Mexico City
- Language: Spanish
- Currency: Mexican Peso
- Nationality: Mexican
La Bufadora Mexico is a unique and picturesque destination located in the bustling port town of Ensenada, about 80 miles south of San Diego. It is one of the largest and most powerful blowholes in the world, shooting large bursts of water from the ocean floor up to the sky. The breathtaking natural phenomenon is a must see for any traveler looking for an unforgettable experience.
Visitors also get to explore the nearby coastal cliffs, sample fresh seafood from the local market, and take part in nearby activities like zip-lining and horseback riding. La Bufadora Mexico is an amazing vacation spot full of natural beauty and fun attractions.
Tell Us About La Bufadora Mexico
La Bufadora is a popular tourist destination located in Baja California, Mexico. It is a natural marine geyser or blowhole that is considered to be the largest of its type in the Western Hemisphere. It is located in a small bay near the fishing village of Ensenada, about 80 miles south of the US border in Baja California. La Bufadora erupts each time a wave enters the small cave below as water is forced up and out through a narrow opening.
The higher the tide, the more forceful the la bufadora eruption. As the water is forced up to a height of 30 to 50 feet, a loud booming noise is heard, and air is compressed. Visitors can observe the eruption from the cove or take a boat to the top of the cliff, just a few feet away from the opening. A visitor center with souvenirs and food is located adjacent to the cliffs.
What are the Things to do in La Bufadora Mexico?
Things to do in La Bufadora Mexico are:
- Go whale watching: La Bufadora is considered one of the best places in the world for whale watching. From January through March, you can observe humpback whales, orcas, minkes, and other species from boats that make daily excursions from the nearby Marina Mazatlán. Keep your eyes peeled for dolphins and sea lions, too!
- Visit El Caiman Beach: Located a short drive south of La Bufadora, El Caiman Beach is considered one of the best beaches in the area. It’s a great place to dip your toes in the crystal clear waters or take a nature walk around the beach and its rugged cliffs.
- Take a boat tour: A trip to La Bufadora would not be complete without a boat tour of the surrounding bay. Tours usually last about one hour and take you to vantage points from which you can observe the immense marine life.
- Visit the La Bufadora Interpretation Center: This recently opened museum will give you a crash course in the history, geography, and ecology of La Bufadora. You’ll also find out why this place is such a great whale-watching destination.
- Shop and eat in Puerto Nuevo: Puerto Nuevo is a small fishing village located near La Bufadora. Take a short stroll around the village and enjoy fresh seafood dishes and unique souvenirs. Be sure to pick up a few bottles of local bacanora (a special liquor made from maguey).
- Go snorkeling: You can rent snorkeling equipment from the beach and take in the magnificent underwater vistas of La Bufadora. Keep your eyes peeled for sea turtles, sea lions, and fish of all shapes and sizes.
- Explore La Bufadora National Park: This massive park covers 474 hectares of forest, wetlands, and beaches. Nature lovers can take guided hikes and admire the calming ocean views from a series of spectacular lookouts.
- Try your luck at boating and fishing: If you feel lucky, why not try your luck at fishing or boat racing? You can also enjoy a peaceful sunset cruise and explore the local bays and beaches.
- Check out the popular viewpoint: Make sure to visit the popular viewpoint located near La Bufadora. From here, you can get a stunning view of the bay and the bright blue ocean waters that surround it. You’ll also be able to spot hundreds of whales, dolphins, and seals.
- Participate in some water sports: Adrenaline junkies can enjoy some of the best surfing, kite surfing, wakeboarding, and kayaking in the area. There are also diving schools where you can learn the basics and even explore some of the local reefs.
What are the Best Foods at La Bufadora Mexico?
Some of the best Foods at La Bufadora Mexico are:
- Seafood Tostadas: Crispy, tasty tortillas topped with a variety of seafood fillings.
- Sopa de Mariscos: A hearty, flavorful seafood soup.
- Mole Verde con Camarones: A unique green mole sauce paired with succulent shrimp.
- Ceviches: Brightly-flavored marinated seafood dishes of shrimp, scallops and/or octopus.
- Empanadas de Pescado: Savory pastries filled with white fish.
- Mole Poblano: An indulgent traditional dark chili sauce combined with chicken, peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Filete de Pescado: A lightly-fried white fish fillet.
- Tacos de Camaron: Spicy tacos filled with shrimp and served with salsa.
- Ceviche Estilo La Bufadora: This signature dish is a combination of marinated shrimp, marlin, sea bass, tomatoes and chipotle peppers.
- Pozole Rojo: This classic stew is a combination of pork and hominy, cooked in a red chili broth.
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in La Bufadora Mexico?
Some of the best hotels in La Bufadora Mexico include:
- Playa La Bufadora Hotel & Spa (4.5/5 stars)
- Tulemar Bungalows & Villas (4.5/5 stars)
- La Roca Hotel (4.5/5 stars)
- Marea La Bufadora Hotel (4/5 stars)
- Hotel Punta Banda (4/5 stars)
- Melia Cabo Real Beach & Golf Resort (4/5 stars)
- Las Gaviotas Beach Resort (3.5/5 stars)
- Hotel la Palapa by Villa Group (3.5/5 stars)
- Hotel Los Arcos (3/5 stars)
- Quinta Las Lomas B&B (3/5 stars)
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!