The Blue Lagoon Iceland Iconic Attraction
The Blue Lagoon is an iconic Icelandic attraction, with its crystal-clear waters of vibrant blue tucked away in the breathtaking Icelandic landscape. Here, visitors are offered restorative treatments of relaxation and rejuvenation. With its wild, natural beauty and therapeutic properties, it’s easy to understand why it’s one of the country’s top tourist attractions.
The Blue Lagoon Iceland Iconic Attraction Summary
- Attraction: The Blue Lagoon
- Country: Iceland
- Continent: Europe
- Capital Name: Reykjavík
- Language: Icelandic
- Currency: Icelandic Króna
- Nationality: Icelandic
The Blue Lagoon Iceland is a unique and unforgettable experience that must be visited to take advantage of its soothing warm waters and amazing views. The electric blue water is rich in mineral content, making it a healing and therapeutic experience. It is also renowned for its stunning location, with gentle volcanoes and black lava rocks dotting the horizon. The natural temperature of the lagoon remains at a constant temperature of 37°-39°C all year round, making it a perfect spot for relaxation and rejuvenation. Visitors can also use the on-site spa, where a range of treatments are available. The Blue Lagoon Iceland is a must-visit destination for its awe-inspiring beauty and calming atmosphere.
Tell Us About The Blue Lagoon Iceland
The Blue Lagoon is a famous geothermal spa near Reykjavik, Iceland. It’s a popular tourist destination, thanks to its milky, blue-green water. The water is rich in minerals, like silica and sulfur, and is said to have healing properties, helping to improve skin ailments.
The lagoon itself is fed by water from a 2,000-year-old lava field, heated to a temperature of about 98–104 °F (36.6–40 °C). You can float in the lagoon or massage yourself with the mineral-rich mud from its bottom, then relax in its outdoor hot tubs. The Blue Lagoon also has a sauna, steam room, and in-water bar. Be sure to take a dip in the lagoon’s icy-cold plunge pool afterward.
What are the Things to do in The Blue Lagoon Iceland?
Things you can do in The Blue Lagoon Iceland:
- Soak in the Geothermal Pools: Sit back and relax in the milky-blue geothermal pools at the Blue Lagoon.
- Drink a Silica Mud Mask: Take a sip of the rich and bubbly milky-blue geothermal water and slather yourself with a silica mud mask that is said to have many rejuvenating benefits to the skin.
- Enjoy a Massage: Indulge in a luxuriously relaxing massage with a certified masseuse.
- Pamper Yourself with a Treatment: Whether it’s scrub and wrap treatments or a steam bath and lavender body oil massage, the spa offers an array of treatments.
- Eat at the Lava Restaurant: Enjoy a 3-course meal at the Lava Restaurant located in the spa building.
- Take a Dip in a Private Lagoon: For a more intimate experience, book a ticket to the Private Lagoon with a luxury suite and private outdoor pool.
- Get Married: Provides some of the most unique wedding venues in the world and is known for having one of the most romantic atmospheres for wedding vows.
- Shop: Browse through the selection of souvenirs and products from the Blue Lagoon’s health and beauty store.
- Stroll Around the Moonwalk: Take a stroll along the Moonwalk, a 600-meter wooden walkway that intertwines with the lagoon.
- Explore the Geothermal Region: Spend some time discovering the surrounding area, which is often referred to as a “geothermal paradise” due to its vast geothermal fields and active volcano Hekla.
What are the Best Foods at The Blue Lagoon Iceland?
Some of the best foods at The Blue Lagoon Iceland that you must try:
- Lobster Soup
- Seafood Platter
- Lamb Shank
- Reindeer Steak
- Smoked Salmon Platter
- Ribs & Salmon
- Skyr Skonsur
- Arctic Char
- Arctic Charburger
What are the Best Hotels to Stay in The Blue Lagoon Iceland?
The best hotels to stay in The Blue Lagoon Iceland:
- The Retreat
- Leifur Eiriksson Hotel
- Hotel Lighthouse
- Moss Hotel
- Hotel Ranga
- Silica Hotel
- Grand Blue Lagoon Hotel
- Sælangaviti Cabins and Hotel
- Vangnestun Hus Guesthouse
What is the Next Tourist Destination?
Check this out. Reykjavík is the best destinations to visit in Iceland. Scroll down and click the button for more information.