Kaokoland Namibia Majestic African Sunrise Sunset
Kaokoland offers a stunning and remote landscape, full of vast open plains, towering dunes, and rugged mountains. Experience the majestic African sunrise and sunset in this stunning land of desert vegetation and vibrant African wildlife. Explore the world’s second-largest canyon and the many rock formations that this vibrant but hidden region has to offer. With a breathtaking night sky, picturesque landscapes, and majestic wildlife, there is no other experience quite like this place.
Kaokoland Namibia Majestic African Sunrise and Sunset Summary
- Attraction Name: Kaokoland
- Country: Namibia
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Windhoek
- Language: English
- Currency: Namibia dollar (symbol: N$; code: NAD)
- Nationality: Namibian
Kaokoland Namibia is an incredibly beautiful and remote area of Namibia, renowned for its diverse and rugged landscape, abundant wildlife, and untouched Namib Desert atmosphere. It is home to the Himba people, who are renowned for their strong traditional culture and semi-nomadic lifestyle.
Kaokoland Namibia offers a unique opportunity to experience a culture and environment that’s relatively untouched by modern society, providing a once in a lifetime journey for those looking to experience something truly extraordinary. Additionally, this is a great place to explore the stunning surrounding landscape, including the extraordinary Skeleton Coast, boasting breathtaking vistas of rugged terrain and abundant wildlife.
Tell us about Kaokoland Namibia
Kaokoland is a rugged and remote region located in the north-western corner of Namibia. The landscape is dominated by endless plains, towering rocky outcrops, and large mountain ranges. The region is home to a variety of wildlife such as elephants, lions, rhinos, zebras and even crocodiles. The area is also the ancestral homeland of the Himba people, a semi-nomadic tribe of pastoralists who have lived in Kaokoland since the 16th century. Travellers can explore the region by 4×4 or as part of a guided tour.
There is no better way to get to know this place than to experience it first-hand, and visitors can expect to explore the vast plains, discover hidden waterholes and traditional monuments, and visit local Himba villages. Kaokoland is a truly unique destination with something for everyone, and is sure to leave a lasting impression.
What are the things to do in Kaokoland Namibia?
Kaokoland is an area located in the northwest of Namibia. It is a vast, isolated area that’s largely uninhabited and largely forgotten by the rest of the world. It is an area of vast beauty and serenity, rugged mountain ranges and vast flat plains, as well as home to some of the most iconic wildlife species on the planet.
Due to its remote location, this place has remained largely undisturbed, making it the perfect destination for those seeking a truly wilderness adventure. Here are some of the many things to do in Kaokoland.
- Go on an Epic 4×4 Safari: Kaokoland is a 4×4 adventurer’s paradise and one of the best places to explore by an off-road vehicle. You can spend days and weeks exploring some amazing sights, from towering canyons to mini oases in the middle of the desert.There are plenty of legendary 4×4 routes suitable for both experienced and novice drivers.
- Wildlife Viewing: Kaokoland is home to many species of animals, from the endangered black rhino to the beautiful Hartmann’s mountain zebra. You can see some of the unique landscape that is home to these animals, and some of the best places for spotting wildlife are the Hoanib and Hoarusib rivers. Even if you don’t see the animals, the scenery alone is spectacular.
- Visit Himba Villages: If you’re looking to experience some of the traditional cultures of Namibia, then a visit to a Himba village is a must. The Himba people are an ancient tribe who still practice their traditional way of life and are very welcoming of visitors.
- Hike in the Kaokoveld Mountains: Kaokoland is home to the Kaokoveld Mountains, which offer some great hiking opportunities. The mountains are remote and inaccessible to most, but have some great trails and stunnng views.
- Photographic Safari: Kaokoland is one of the best places in Namibia for photography. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just a beginner, you can capture some stunning shots of the incredible landscape. Whether it’s the dramatic mountain ranges or the vast plains, you’ll find plenty of photo opportunities.
There are so many things you can do in here, and this is just the tip of the iceberg. Whether you’re looking for adventure, wildlife viewing, culture or photography, Kaokoland has something for everyone.
What are the best foods at Kaokoland Namibia?
Some of the best dishes that can found in Kaokoland include the omuramba (a fish curry), kapana (spicy beef), mopane worm stew, fresh crayfish, and the local favourite, akpik (deep-fried maize pancakes).
What are the best hotels to stay in Kaokoland Namibia?
The best hotels to stay in Kaokoland are:
- Shipwreck Lodge
- Hoanib Valley Camp
- Kunene River Lodge
- Kaokoland Safaris Namibia
- Kunene River Camp
- Okahirongo Elephant Lodge
- Intercontinental Safari Lodge
- Torra Conservancy
- Sesfontein Lodge
- Laghangug Lodge
What is the next tourist destination?
The next best attractions in Namibia you must visit are:
- Etosha National Park
- Fish River Canyon
- Skeleton Coast
- Caprivi Strip
- Twyfelfontein Rock Art Sites
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!