Todra Gorge Morocco High Atlas Red Sandstone Cliffs
Todra Gorge Morocco High Atlas Red Sandstone Cliffs Summary
- Attraction Name: Todra Gorge
- Country: Morocco
- Continent: African
- Capital Name: Rabat
- Language: Arabic and Standard Moroccan Berber
- Currency: Moroccan Dirham
- Nationality: Moroccan(s)
Todra Gorge Morocco is a stunningly beautiful natural wonder that needs to be seen in person to be truly appreciated. The sheer rock Grand Canyon-like walls towers up to 300 meters and is considered the highest, narrowest gorge in North Africa. The rugged terrain provides the perfect backdrop for activities such as hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing. The oasis of Tinghir, located nearby, is a great place to relax, enjoy the spectacular views, and observe the Berber heritage in the nearby picturesque villages.
Tell us about Todra Gorge Morocco
Todra Gorge is a stunning area of Morocco that famous for its offroad motorsport and adventure activities, situated in the High Atlas Mountains. The imposing cliffs of the gorge reach up to 300 metres high and the impressive Todra River runs through it. The region is known for its exquisite beauty and is an ideal place for camping, trekking, mountaineering and rock climbing.
There are a number of trails to explore and oasis, rock formations and Berber villages to enjoy along the way. In some areas, the cliffs are quite steep with caves and picturesque waterfalls to be seen. All of this makes the area a spectacular outdoor destination combined with the unique local culture.
What are the things to do in Todra Gorge Morocco?
Todra Gorge is a spectacular natural landscape situated along the Todra River in the eastern part of the High Atlas mountains in Morocco. The dramatic cliffs of the gorge rise up to a few hundred meters, making it a great hiking destination and a popular rock climbing area. Here are some of the activities that you can enjoy at Todra Gorge:
- Hiking: Hiking is one of the most popular activities at Todra Gorge. The gorge is beautiful and offers a variety of trails to choose from. Aside from its natural beauty, the trails also offer incredible views of the cliffs and the river.
- Rock climbing: The gorge’s dramatic cliffs make it ideal for rock climbing. Professional climbers flock to the area to enjoy the challenge it offers and the spectacular views of the river.
- Swimming: The crystal-clear waters of the Todra River make it perfect for swimming. It is especially popular during the summer months when it’s very hot in the area.
- Camping: Many also choose to camp near the gorge, enjoying a unique and unforgettable experience in nature surrounded by the harsh yet beautiful landscape.
- Skiing: Todra Gorge is also a great skiing destination during the winter months. The area offers some of the best slopes in all of Morocco.
- Biking: Exploring the gorge on a mountain bike is another excellent way to experience all the natural beauty of the area. You can also take advantage of the terrain to practise your skills.
- Horseback Riding: The best way to explore the area is on horseback. There are several riding tours that you can join and enjoy a unique discovery of the area.
Todra Gorge is one of those places that has something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a relaxing holiday or an adventure of a lifetime, Todra Gorge is sure to offer.
What are the best foods at Todra Gorge Morocco?
The best foods at Todra Gorge Morocco are:
- B’sina (slow-cooked goat stew)
- Tajine (meat or vegetable tagine)
- Harira (hearty soup of tomato, chickpeas and lentils)
- Marqa bi-Lahme (Berber-spiced ground beef)
- M’hamer (pita-style bread stuffed with savory fillings)
- Mechoui (grilled meats, particularly lamb)
- Crêpes (sweet or savory pancakes)
- Baghrir (airy pancakes made with semolina flour)
- Bemani (meat or vegetable flatbreads)
- Sfouf (sweet turmeric cake)
What are the best hotels to stay in Todra Gorge Morocco?
The best hotels to stay in Todra Gorge are:
- Valley of Roses Hotel & Spa
- Hotel Mogador Todra
- Kasbah Dades
- Hotel & Spa Atlas Todra
- La Rose Des Sables
- La Tour D’argan
- Le Berbere Palace
- Hotel La Todra
- Kasbah de Todra
- La Maison Todra
What is the next tourist destination after visit Todra Gorge Morocco High Atlas Red Sandstone Cliffs?
The next attractions in Morocco you must visit are:
- Jemaa el-Fnaa Square, Marrakech
- Chefchaouen, The Blue City
- Fes Medina and University
- Merzouga Desert and its Ergs
- Agadir Beach
- Essaouira Beach and City
- Hassan II Mosque, Casablanca
- Museum of Moroccan Arts, Rabat
- Todgha Gorge
- Oasis of M’Hamid El Ghizlane
We’d love for you to stay awhile and explore all of the wonderful features we have to offer by clicking the button below to start your journey!